Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Search
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm only posting here cuz I doubt anyone else really gives a shit ;)

I've been in car audio for about 4 years, pretty much split in half between BestBuy, and Circuit City.

While Circuit was defiantly the better place to be an installer, but it was pretty minimal, at best.

I finally got a kick in the ass by my Manager, and called down to the CarToys, which is about 2 traffic lights down the street...

make a long story short, I start in two weeks :)

I'm VERY excited to start learning all the fun stuff I've never experienced before, and to actually get paid on the quality, and quantity of work I do, opposed to making a huge chain of stores tons of money, and them not giving a shit about me.

WOohooo for me.

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
Congrats! Mag>Car toys! jk :bigthumb: Say hi to the ex Mag guys there for me!

·
Search
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats! Mag>Car toys! jk :bigthumb: Say hi to the ex Mag guys there for me!

we'll see about that ;) You are owned by BestBuy after all ;)

I was in mag every week or so before they shut down just hanging out with the guys. The old mag manager is the Verizon manager in the Kiosk in the Circuit I can finally say I don't work at anymore. He's a really cool guy. Very knowledgeable.

I think that mags best installer went to the CarToys I'm starting at, but I'm not sure... I'll find out soon enough :)

·
I'm in the Death Business
1,924 Posts
congrats Justin! now you get to learn the real stuff ;) j/k

i have to admit i will miss the car audio industry when i leave here in June, there are tons of cool people out there to get to know. but i'm ready to move on to bigger better things...and still get my discount at my store for my focal and JL needs ;) oh yeah, and I've got my kenwood and morel hook up at a buddy of mine's store :D

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
Owned by Best buy...but here is a reason they paid $90+ million for us ;) and we just exited the car audio category completely

1 - 7 of 7 Posts