Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Mann I really hope they put the FJ Cruiser into production. That has got to be theee coolest truck I have ever seen. Looks fap-tastic.

·
Former Moderator
3,785 Posts
The FJ Cruiser WILL get produced, it's 100% sure. I just hope they'll send it to Canada too. :)

-Olivier

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
those old FJ's cost an arm and a leg... never priced one till recently just out of curiousity.

·
Super Moderator
10,610 Posts
Reading through the various announcements and links has got to put the fear of God into every other automobile manufacturer, particularly when they go through the sales and financial performance data. I'm definitely thinking wifey's Audi might be replaced by the IS 350 six-speed auto. Every writer I know says, while the pics are nice, the car's road presence does not come through and is considered to be outstanding. No horsepower numbers yet except for the version of the motor that's in the new Avalon, which makes 280 hp. Some are saying the IS will make a nice round 300 hp, which would be very nice, IMO.

The GS 450h sounds like a world-beater in the making and the TRD-managed high performance division has yet to make its presence felt. The best keep getting better and once it fills in that little sports car void, it will be the complete car company, competing effectively in any niche it wishes to pursue. First F1 podium doesn't hurt either.

Ken.

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,284 Posts
all they said for performance figure of both cars were significatly less than 0-60 in 6 seconds and over300hp for the is350 and significantly more than 300 hp for the gs450h. gs450 and is350 will both be using the 3.5L engine.

·
Super Moderator
10,610 Posts
BlackSupra93 said:
all they said for performance figure of both cars were significatly less than 0-60 in 6 seconds and over300hp for the is350 and significantly more than 300 hp for the gs450h. gs450 and is350 will both be using the 3.5L engine.
Any more info on anticipated power and performance? The link in the first post still has the original press release. I was hoping by now STAGED would have weighed in as his Toyota, in particular, and industry input in general, is always top notch.

With GM issuing a profit shock warning last week and, just today, indicating it might have to deep six Buick or Pontiac, things are going to get very interesting in the immediate future. GM is also considering selling GMAC which, I believe, is its most profitable arm.

Ken.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Here are some info on the car

The IS will be arriving in showrooms across the country later this year, completely redesigned from the ground up. Available in two V6 models, the IS 250 is equipped with a 2.5-liter engine, while the IS 350 is powered by a 3.5-liter engine. The rear-wheel-drive sports sedan is also the second car after the GS to feature the new Lexus design language: L-Finesse.

Embracing the aesthetic principles of simplicity and elegance, the L-Finesse philosophy is quite evident throughout the IS. Outside, the muscular stance is complemented by sweeping contemporary lines. Inside the sporty, well-appointed cabin, the driver will find an engine start button, and passengers will enjoy the increased rear legroom.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
KenHenderson said:
First F1 podium doesn't hurt either.

Ken.
This will happen this season...

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
MADMKIV said:
It happened last weekend... 2nd ;)
I meant 1st place.

May even hapen in Bahran next week. Got some major dollars riding in the next race. we'll see...

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Mani said:

The rear-wheel-drive sports sedan is also the second car after the GS to feature the new Lexus design language: L-Finesse.

L-Finesse? :eek: Does that car come with a flower pot also like the new Beetle?

I just hope they make good on the potential of the LF-A super sports car, too bad they don't make it a Supra, but at this point we have to take what we can get.

·
You Can [Not] Advance
2,871 Posts
ESQ88 said:
Mann I really hope they put the FJ Cruiser into production. That has got to be theee coolest truck I have ever seen. Looks fap-tastic.
The FJ is taking over the RAV4

·
Former Moderator
3,785 Posts
The FJ is one cool model that will get produced for the North American market. I think it will be a huge hit, along the lines of the Scion type of crowd and also for hip famillies in the search of a good all around small SUV. I've seen the FJ in an official Toyota video before Christmas. Some of you know that my father works in a Toyota dealer and his boss had been to the annual Toyota convention that happened in Japan. He showed me a video of the whole conference, and the FJ was one of the newest model that was about to be launched.

In the pipeline is a HUGE Toyota hybrid pickup. The truck is very very big, by far the biggest vehicule Toyota will produce. I have no idea on the ETA. All I know is that it's a V8 and hybrid powertrain: mean! :)

The new Lexus lineup will send waves of terror throughout the industry, as Ken pointed earlier. Lexus will be the only company offering luxury hybrid alternatives, upping the performance of a brand new lineup that will already be one of the top performing of their respective classes. I simply can't take my eyes off the current GS series, but when I saw the newest GS, I almost fell out of my chair. It will take a huge portion of the current mid-size luxury sedan, as the 5 series seems to be too much of a Bangle product for the real BMW fans to appreciate. If they can coordinate a succesful launch of the IS before the 3 series, which will likely be the case, the IS will gain a tremendous momentum, especially if the performances are up to par with what would be a next generation of 3 series. Good times ahead!!! :D

I really like the new direction that Lexus took with their designs. I think the GS and IS take some styling cues from the new CLS of MB, which is the hottest thing on the market right now IMO. :) They all look like sedans with a coupe-like rear section. :aroused:

I'm just curious to see how the newest M class from Infiniti will perform on the market, as their old M was just a disaster. The new one however looks awesome and is powered by very good engines. The interior seems flawless and we all know how good Infiniti's service is. Big contender IMO, even if the Infiniti name is not as strong as Lexus'.

-Olivier

·
Never narc'd on nobody
3,246 Posts
ReI86 said:
The FJ is taking over the RAV4
:scratch: Not from what I've heard through the Toyota grapevine (that I happen to work in). The FJ is to slot underneath the 4Runner, and above the RAV in both size and price.

The RAV is like a mini-Highlander with it's Camry sourced motor, unibody construction and light-duty full-time 4wd system. The FJ will be built on the Tacoma truck body-on-frame platform, using the Taco/4Runner/Tundra 4.0L V6 and part-time 4wd system with high/low range, (hopefully) locking diffs, etc......definetly on a different mission than the RAV :)

The new Lexus models look slick as hell, the GS450h will be VERY interesting to say the least. Along with the RX400h and Highlander hybrids, Toyota is really stirring up the shit pot!!

·
You Can [Not] Advance
2,871 Posts
I been told that the production of the RAV4 will end 06-07 and the replacement was the FJ. And the FJ was supposed to be the look alike and be like the looks of the old LandCrusier

·
Super Moderator
10,610 Posts
Scion, demographic or not, I'm 54 and, to me, the FJ is the hotness. Initially, I don't think Toyota will be able to make enough of them.

Back to Lexus....they've pretty much loaded that Sharps rifle that Quigley did so much damage with down under. I'd hate like hell to be in their crosshairs. My so called Lexus source tells me the TRD Lexi will be off the hook, although, according to him, there is no rush because the hybrids will be kicking much ass in the high performance arena. Don't know if it's true, but everything I've read and observed seems to be pointing that way.

Ken.

·
Former Moderator
3,785 Posts
Northof49, very well said. I don't think they will stop production of the Rav4 IMO, but I'll have to double check with my soures about that. I just know that, as Ken put it, the FJ is the hotness. I am also worried that production capacity will not be sufficient for the demand. Toyota is really on a roll! :)

I'm still waiting for STAGED's input though...;)

-Olivier

1 - 20 of 49 Posts