Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was headed home from work last Friday and the traffic was light. I was cruising at 60 mph in the middle lane and I see a newer black BMW coming in the fast lane. He cruised by me at about 65 mph which is when I noticed it was the new M5. He then proceeded to get in front of me and kept the same speed. My interest was piqued so I got in the fast lane and pulled up next to him. His window was rolled down so I could see him very well. I began a light brake boost (which he heard) and he looked over. We punched it at exactly the same time and I started pulling right away. I let off at about 95 mph and he was two cars back and falling away. We just happened to be going the same way and after we exited we exchanged thumbs-up and he asked me if my car had a single. I said yes.

I honestly thought he would do better considering I was on 93 octane at 18 psi. I have a 3,800 stall tc and an automatic. My turbo is a GRT70 on stock long block.

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
Congratulations. The new M5's are very nice and quite strong for sure.

I've seen a couple around here too, but not yet when in my BPU Sup'. When I do, it will be a tough one I'm sure.

G

·
400hp, or 550hp in "M" mode....guy from Top Gear said it was THE perfect car, and he had driven them ALL, like literally

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
tya said:
Good kill. How much rwhp are you making on pump?
Not really sure; I'm guessing about 460rwhp or so. I'm getting my valve stem seals replaced this weekend along with some 264 cams and then I'll dyno it.

I'm pretty sure he was in the 500 hp mode because this car pulled harder than a 55 series AMG.

·
Registered
959 Posts
fencekey said:
Not really sure; I'm guessing about 460rwhp or so. I'm getting my valve stem seals replaced this weekend along with some 264 cams and then I'll dyno it.

I'm pretty sure he was in the 500 hp mode because this car pulled harder than a 55 series AMG.
If you could, please dyno before and after Cams install to see the gain.

·
Bert's Ban Club
1,637 Posts
fencekey said:

55 amg is not that fast.... 65 is the one to watch out for :)

nice kill on the m5, i've driven a couple abd the 500hp is no joke, even in that heavy ass car

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
at least he knew about Supras a bit, since he asked if it was single

I have yet to see one of these cars around here, and I live in a very rich area...

·
Registered
658 Posts
LuvMySilverSupra said:
55 amg is not that fast

your retarded.. i've got a cls55 amg and i've beat a bpu+ supra, a t62 single turbo supra on race gas, multiple mustangs, vettes, etc

i bet i'd take your heap from light to light with 3 girls in my car plus being on my 20s and full system

1 - 20 of 32 Posts