Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am a new member from Birmingham, AL. I have had my 1993 RHD TT 6speed for about 4 years or so now. It is a higher mile car at about 150k miles but I got it to drive. So far I have done some basic BPU mods: ebay down pipe, used mid pipe off marketplace, restrictor ring, the new Greddy pe-tr exhaust, Mines ECU, HKS drop in filter and HKS blow off valve. Currently has 17" Enkie RPF1 but I would like some 18s soon. Paint was pretty bad in the original super white so I had it painted in the Toyota pearl white. Took off the OE spoiler and added a Bomex one. The side skirts were another Facebook purchase but I forgot the brand. Also, put on some Revel coil overs. Would like to go single turbo later but trying to get figure out the best path to that ha.

Attachments

· Super Moderator
14,009 Posts
Welcome! I love the oldschool look of the 17's and the Bomex wing. I'm not sure that I've seen those side skirts before, which is strange because I've seen a lot of them!

Awesome Supra! But she desperately needs a paint matched front lip to complete the look with the side skirts!

I'd be careful about the Mine's ECU and US pump gas. Not sure what you have available in B-ham but run the highest octane premium you can find, nothing less than 93. Japanese gas is around 95-96 octane by our measurements so most tuned JDM ECU's are depending on timing trim from knock correction to avoid frying the engine.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

I only run 93 and with the boost restrictor ring I think I'm only running about 15-16 psi so hopefully it is safe. I red a ton of your replies on the tuned ecus and it definitely helped me learn a lot about them but of course that was after I had already bought it ha. I have an AEM afr gauge i still need to install.

· Registered
2,128 Posts
Thanks!

I only run 93 and with the boost restrictor ring I think I'm only running about 15-16 psi so hopefully it is safe. I red a ton of your replies on the tuned ecus and it definitely helped me learn a lot about them but of course that was after I had already bought it ha. I have an AEM afr gauge i still need to install.
Wait… a new member searched first, AND gained relevant info that Facebook’ers said was antiquated & obsolete data. scoffs at naysayers

Welcome to the board, man. Off to a good start. Hello from NM! I used to hang out in BHam @ 117th ANG.

· Registered
69 Posts
Thats it Do-Luck! lol
Nice! What specs are your 17s?
Here, last post is my specs:

· Registered
1993 JDM 5spd SZ hardtop in 202 blek.
659 Posts
Here, last post is my specs:
Is that the same car?

· Registered
1,353 Posts
All you 17” loving supra owners come join the sausage fest

I was never sure those enkei wheels would clear the stock TT brakes

· Registered
1993 JDM 5spd SZ hardtop in 202 blek.
659 Posts
What do you mean? If the white one, which is mayhemstreets's and grey one, which is mine are the same cars? 😀
lol. Never mind me, I got the usernames mixed up. :LOL:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts