Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey everybody! i would love to have a mkiv but i can't afford one right now, so i want to build up a mkIII my questions are as follows; i have found a 95 aristo clip with a 2jzgtte and auto for $2200 usd i believe the axle is included as well. doable swap? decent price? i have read a couple of 2jz into mk III threads so i kind of know what i am looking at but the aristo is a model i am not familar with. i would like to go the big single route from the jump to avoid the firewall cleareance issues how much can i expect to spend to do this? i have read the bpu, bpu+, bpu++, apu stuff at the other site as well. i live in a state were cars don't have to pass any emissons tests so i am hoping to use the j-spec set up as much as posible. i am also intrested in going with a narrowed nine inch and tubbing it, and using a chevy transmisson with a trans brake. anyway glad to be here and thanks for any input you can offer.

·
fabricator
84 Posts
heh, i have a 2jz in my 87 with a ford 9" that i narrowed.. and its tubbed, full rollcage. you sound like you want to do what i have done. its alot of work man, be prepared...

oh yeah, and i have a gm turbo 400 tranny with a trans brake..heh

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
can you point me in the direction of a bellhousing adapter i would rather use a th350 instead of a 400 but i believe the have the same bellhousing bolt pattern.

·
Swingline Stapler
235 Posts
theguywiththesupra said:
heh, i have a 2jz in my 87 with a ford 9" that i narrowed.. and its tubbed, full rollcage. you sound like you want to do what i have done. its alot of work man, be prepared...

oh yeah, and i have a gm turbo 400 tranny with a trans brake..heh
How have we not heard about you?!

·
MKIV SUPRA FREAK
1,738 Posts
theguywiththesupra,
love your sig..ahahahha
the quote from it is hiliarous..:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
thank you very much that is exactly the kind of info i am looking for. looks great. how did you get the tranny to bolt up? not work to me just a very active hobbie.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts