Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found my dream car in Kentucky and bought it about a month ago and had it transported down here to Texas. '94 TT, red with tan and 6-speed with 40K miles. It was bone stock and owned by a Toyota engineer since new. I've added TRD exhaust, RM 3" DP, and I've done all the free mods. I've got a Greddy boost gauge and EGT gauge with the Lotek gauge pillar on order.

Here's my question, which boost controller do you guys recommend? Also, what are the next logical mods to do to this car before I step up to a FMIC and single Turbo? Please tell me what the best stuff is out there that I'll need in the near future as far as electronics, BOV, fuel computer, etc. I like really clean mods that look good as well as work well.

Thanks for all the info. in advance.

S

·
0 Posts
Congrats!!

This topic has been hammered on over and over. If you do a search here and on the general forum I'm sure you will find all the info you could possibly need!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Great find man!BTW what part of KY did u buy it from and if u don't mind,how did u find it and how much did u pay for it.
Thanks. Yasir;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. What kind of BCC should I get?

I found the car in some town about 30 miles south of Cincinatti, I forgot the name of it, sorry. It was actually the guys wife's car and babied is an understatement. Everything was serviced at Toyota every 2500 miles and all records support this. I found it on autotrader the day the guy posted it and bought it sight-unseen for $26K. Well worth it in my book because I wanted one that was untouched.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Greddy BCC. They are all over the place, and are actually for an MR2 and the like but work perfect on the JZ80. MKIV.com has some excellent install instructions available if you need help. Mine works perfectly. And just remember don't go doing all the free mods because they're free, they're not all the best things to do and you should really learn about the systems before taking someones free mod advice.

The best boost controller out right now for the Supra IMHO is the Blitz DSBC ID, that's the new one with the fancy screen and all the extra cool stuff. So far it seems to offer the best boost curves and highest outputs. But you can fin the Greddy profec-B out there pretty cheap and reliable, just stay away from any fuzzy logic, they get confused...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts