Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a '87 Supra for CHEAP just for fun... and now I'm in love with it. However... the previous owner kinda did horrible horrible things to it... Well the pictures speak for themselves...

Yes I will get a new paintjob. All white. ;)

http://www.defianceindustries.net/supra.htm

Hehe, basically... where do I start with maintenance and whatnot? I've been poking around on the forums... but I'm a newb when it comes to cars and I'm pretty lost.

Also, how much can I expect a spoiler to run for? I'm thinking of just a stock '87 one, cheapest I found was $150 at a online parts store.

Also, I'm told I need a new sender for the fuel tank, how much do those run? I'm gonna call that Elmhurst Toyota, for they are near me and appear to be decent fellows, but what can I expect?

Thanks for reading my newbish ranting. I'm sure I'll be here a lot. I'm in love with the stupid thing... Now to get a paintjob...

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
you do not Most of the times need to buy a new fuel sender , Search and youll see how to fix yours.

the sale sec, has 1 piece spoilers for @$50

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nah, no turbo. It DESPERATELY needs a paintjob, wow.

Oh yeah, forgot. WTF is with the tail lights? I know those aren't stock, how much are stock ones?

Bah, where's a place where I can find the prices on this kinda stuff. :)

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
That car needs paint and interior color restoration BAD.

I love how the door jams are left white while the exterior is "kina" red.

Get rid of the red interior too.

Good luck with the paint. Most of all, CONGRATULATIONS!

EDIT: Stock 87-88 wing for sale for 50$

Best regards.

·
Registered
590 Posts
The stripes werent that bad, then I scrolled down and saw where someone thought it would be cool to throw a bucket of paint down the side.:( Youll really start to love the car more. Yet, at the same time you will grow a deep hatred for darker than the deepest pits of hell. Anyways, get to work youve got alot of work in front of you. Good Luck and Congrats.

·
Rooftop Sniper
2,545 Posts
Someone just painted over the lights. A paint scraper should take care of it.

Well, a big vinyl sticker of the same design would cost around $88, guess the dude wanted to be more original.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i would change the oil, oil filter, spark plugs and all that other maintenence stuff....a nice paint job is nothing if the motor wont run....

jeremy

·
SF in my veins... sigh
1,586 Posts
paddlenbike said:
Thank you for buying that car and saving it from RICER HELL!
Heh... agreed... congrats on the new purchase. I think we should have a special award for those who buy riced / beat / abused Supra's and bring them back to health and respectability.

·
Registered
269 Posts
NegativeGeForce said:
how mush did u get it for? Looks ALOT like mine when i got it LOL
Judging by your icon, you are 100% correct :D Just playin, heheh

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Damn somebody really screwed that mkiii up. I hope you plan on bringing it back to normal soon cause I wouldnt be seen in it with that bad of a paint job. Damn ricers what are they thinkin when they do this crap with thier $1.00 cans of spray paint. Anyways I would to the normal oil and filter change along with plugs, cap, rotor and wires. Also replace the timing belt just to feel secure.:D

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,084 Posts
88Turbo5PSI said:
i would change the oil, oil filter, spark plugs and all that other maintenence stuff....a nice paint job is nothing if the motor wont run....jeremy
Yeah, but even if it runs good, it's like riding a fat chick, might be fun, but you sure don't want anyone to see you doing it!:eek:

What amazes me the most is how they dublicated that nastiness exactly on both sides!:scratch:

3,796 Posts
Rajunz said:
Yeah, but even if it runs good, it's like riding a fat chick, might be fun, but you sure don't want anyone to see you doing it!:eek:
:lol: Bwahahahahaaa!!

The racing stripes wouldn't look bad if they were straight...but good find and welcome to the forums:D If you're anything like the rest of us we'll see you a lot areound here.

·
...heading for 500+ RWHP
467 Posts
Make sure you don't have a BHG!!!! That would really put a stop to your restoration!!!! Replace the stock HG with a metal one....(It is like the best gift you can give your car :D ) Dosen't look that bad from a distance but ...um.....yah..lose the tail light paint and check/change ALL fluids and seals. THANK YOU FOR SAVING IT FROM THE DEPTHS OF RICER HELL OR FROM JUST AS BAD......A JUNKYARD.....somthing tells me that she will love you for it. Take great care of an Mk3 and she'll take great care of you!!!;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts