Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello fellow mkiii owners....i recently purchased my 89 turbo 5spd, hence im new to the mkiii world. i was jus wondering if there is any difference between a jap spec ct-26 n a us spec. im sorry if this question has been discussed before!!

thanks in advance!!!

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
i believe thare are the same

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MK3_Legend said:
Welcome....! I don't think there are any differences.
thanks for welcoming....n for the info!! wat would be a reasonable power capability with exhaust, downpipe, manual boostcontroller, intake n 12 or 13 psi!! oh yeah i am planning to do the headgasket n the arp headstuds before!!

·
Registered
945 Posts
Unless you manage to find one from a Turbo A. Or you can possibly find an upgraded stocker. Thats pretty common.

Edit:
Fuel cut is at 12 psi. It takes a lil tuning and some electronics to get u past there. 10 psi is a very stong place to be in a mk3, and easily done by a stock turbo.

·
2005 LP640
930 Posts
jdmuscle said:
thanks for welcoming....n for the info!! wat would be a reasonable power capability with exhaust, downpipe, manual boostcontroller, intake n 12 or 13 psi!! oh yeah i am planning to do the headgasket n the arp headstuds before!!
I'd say 280-300rwhp. I made 280 on 13psi, but my motor wasnt the strongest thing ever :(

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
Supra87T said:
Unless you manage to find one from a Turbo A. Or you can possibly find an upgraded stocker. Thats pretty common.

Edit:
Fuel cut is at 12 psi. It takes a lil tuning and some electronics to get u past there. 10 psi is a very stong place to be in a mk3, and easily done by a stock turbo.

fuel cut is dependant on a few things, not just cut and dry number

ive gone as high as 14 before with no fuelcut. :dunno:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts