Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Stock Twins King
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we went out last Wednesday to test out these new MT drag tubless radials.

I was happy, but JEESH what does it take to get these decent 60' times!! I know I have the car and power to get down there, but its hard.! All in all, they hooked very well, no wheel hop, slight amount of wheel spin, slight burn out seem to be the best as recommended.

Best run was 11.87 @ 122.5 mph with still a crappy 1.952 60' I know that all the 11's were in one lane and all the 12's were in the other. So maybe track conditions.?

I have seen 125 traps before, so I know the car has the power. So I guess it is all about practice.

4 Drag Slips from the night:

http://www.97supraturbo.com/Dynos and Drag/Drags May 4th.JPG

Video of one run, in car:

http://www.97supraturbo.com/Dynos and Drag/Supra 11.93 May 4th.wmv

Ya well, it was either a "bog", slow shift, miss-shift, but still, the 60' is the key. So if anyone has any suggestions of getting out of the hole in a 6-sp!?!

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
What are you leaving the line at? Are u slipping the clutch? I have a friend here that used the 16 MT's and he cut a 1.5 60 ft. I have my own set now, just have to get the 16 inch rims. I all ready cut a 1.6 on the BFG's, hoping for better on these.

·
Registered
9,670 Posts
Stu, thats an awesome time for such a shitty 60ft. In theory if you get it down to 1.55's you will be running 11.0-10.9's. Good luck with improving your 60ft!

Jason

·
Stock Twins King
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We are trying to launch at 6K, sometimes lower. We don't hold a flat 6K, kind of blipping it up and down around 6K. Holding the clutch right at engagement.

I think what kills us is the lightweight fly with the 6-puck Terrible engagement, really touchy. Either a good 60' (1.78) but a bad shifting, or a bad 60' and all else good!

Its all about practice~!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts