Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
High-Performance Rental Car

by Perry Stern

Ford and Carroll Shelby offer up a high-performance Mustang you can rent.

Carroll Shelby and Ford keep coming up with new ways to work together. After debuting the hot Shelby GT500 at last year's New York show, this team has joined together with Hertz rental cars to create the all-new Shelby GT-H.
This is not the first time that Shelby, Ford and Hertz have all worked together. Forty years ago Shelby created a "Rent-a-Racer" program where Mustang GT350s were made available through Hertz rental car agencies. These were special edition Mustangs painted black and gold that were set up for racing.

The new Shelby GT-H will not be available for sale—it will be available exclusively at select Hertz rental agencies later this spring. To honor the original, the GT-H will be painted in the same color scheme as the original GT350H

These exclusive Mustangs will be created at Shelby Automobiles, Inc. in Las Vegas. In addition to the special paint color, Shelby will add a performance hood, unique front fascia, a brushed aluminum grille and side scoops. Only five hundred will be built, and each will feature a plaque showing its sequence number as well as Carroll Shelby's signature on the dash.

Of course, cars that come from Shelby don't just look good; they have the performance to back up those looks. This GT-H will be no exception.

The stock V8 is massaged to increase output to 325 horsepower and 330 lb-ft of torque. The GT-H also gets a Ford Racing Performance Pack, Handling Pack, lower springs, sway bars, a muffler kit and a Cold Air kit.

"Like the original Hertz cars, the Ford Shelby GT-H will be fun to drive," said Carroll Shelby, CEO of Shelby Automobiles, Inc. "We started with a terrific Mustang and modified it with some Ford go-fast parts and gave it a distinct look for Shelby-style driving. Whoever gets the opportunity to rent one of these unique cars will get an experience of a lifetime."

No word yet on the daily rental rate for a Shelby GT-H, or what the damage waiver might cost.

http://autos.msn.com/as/minishow/article.aspx?contentID=4023937&s=NewYork2006&GT1=794

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
i feel like doing this now will just wind up with about 500 wrecked cars. Maybe I am fanticizing about how people/drivers used to be, but I dunno. I could see maybe through an exotic rental car place - but Hertz? It would nice to get your hands on one when Hertz is done with them though and just store it.

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
^^^ it will be consistent. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts