Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
King of the NA-T's
Joined
·
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't remember what Dave S. ran in the quarter, so he may still hold the record. Anyway, went to the track with the new SP63, had terrible traction problems. They didn't let us run in the main groove with Drag Radials, really pissed me off. Best 60' was a 2.08 :rolleyes: managed a 11.69 @ 123mph anyhow. Heading back again tomorrow, hoping to get a better launch. Pretty happy with the mph anyway.....
 
M

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
wow!

nice run, dave!

you have a website or something? i'd like to know what you've got in your car, any pics would be great too. peace
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
Yep, you have the record! Congratulations! I went [email protected] mph with my little SP60 before. I still havent gotten my car back with the 63 and speed-pro. Soon..soon. I had a 1.929 60 ft on that run. What boost were you running and what were your 1/8 stats? Im curious to see the difference with our different rear gears. Good job, work on that launch and run sub-11's!!!!

Dave Stika
 

·
King of the NA-T's
Joined
·
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks guys, I ran 20psi boost/no spray, (when in shifted into 3rd the boost went up to 23psi or so, damn bleeder isn't too consistant). I also tried 17psi and the 75 shot. Either way was about identical. I got the best 60' with the spray oddly enough, my other two passes were 2.4 and 2.2 60'. :eek: My mid track numbers were 7.77 @ 94mph. My slicks should be here this week, so hopefully they solve the 60' problem.

money042, I have a web page at mkiv.com, and I've started a second one at: www.speedtoys.com/~daveh/93na-t .
The second one shows most of the new SP stuff.
 

·
King of the NA-T's
Joined
·
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
urmild, it's been 3 years in the making so it's kinda hard to come up with a $$ amount. I bought stuff, traded stuff, sold it again, bought different things a lot as I found things that worked well and didn't work well. A guestimate for everything I'm currently using would be around $8500, with some of the parts being used bargains. I do all my own labor, so that saves a lot of $$. I'm using all Sound Performance parts on the exhaust side, and their injectors. I'm using all Powerhouse parts on the intake side. Everything in between I've put together myself.
 
M

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
DaveH... you da man!

schooling? training? stuff like that? or did you just figure it out?
 

·
SupraForums Manufacturer/Tuner
Joined
·
1,002 Posts
Damn, only .9 seconds off from my record of 11.41 at 129! Ha Ha.. congratulations Dave, hope all is well with you these days!
Jarrett
Powerhouse Racing
 

·
King of the NA-T's
Joined
·
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Jarrett, nice to hear from you! Hey, I'm only .28 seconds short of your record! :) Glad to know that is the number to shoot for now... heh heh. All is well here, car is running good, the ignitor is what caused me all that misfiring trouble I had at the end of last year. Well I got some slicks now and will be back to the track on Sept 8th to take another crack at your record. :D Take care.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,270 Posts
Im still trying to figure out how Jarrett got .9 seconds out of that difference when I get .28??? Maybe they add different in TX??

We ran 11.00 in a NA-T Lexus so Nah Nah Nah...... J/K


Just another record in a 100% street trim (no methanol, no weight reduction, stock tranny, cold a/c, etc. etc. etc.) car held by SP!!!!


Lar
SP
World's fastest 100% street trim supra - 9.54 @ 144.69
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
979 Posts
since were adding lexus cars to the loop......TOYOMOTO has the fastest [email protected] with a 1.6 short time in a lexus sc300 with a toyomoto kit .....and yes..it was a cast iron manifold....Jarrett...what did your na-t have for a manifold?....i need to get my shit up and running faster so i can join the hunt :)..Jeff
 

·
Toyotally Awesome
Joined
·
647 Posts
DaveH said:
Hey Jarrett, nice to hear from you! Hey, I'm only .28 seconds short of your record! :) Glad to know that is the number to shoot for now... heh heh. All is well here, car is running good, the ignitor is what caused me all that misfiring trouble I had at the end of last year. Well I got some slicks now and will be back to the track on Sept 8th to take another crack at your record. :D Take care.
Dave,

Judging by the looks, I'd guess you had to go with an I/C made for a TT? How do you like the intake manifold? Were there any special things that were done to successfully run that?

-c
 

·
Toyotally Awesome
Joined
·
647 Posts
Dave said:
Yep, you have the record! Congratulations! I went [email protected] mph with my little SP60 before. I still havent gotten my car back with the 63 and speed-pro. Soon..soon. I had a 1.929 60 ft on that run. What boost were you running and what were your 1/8 stats? Im curious to see the difference with our different rear gears. Good job, work on that launch and run sub-11's!!!!

Dave Stika
Yo yo Stika...What kind of boost were you running on that pass? What kind of fuel (race gas)? REALLY NEED TO KNOW for next weekend. I don't need another 15 second car... :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
790 Posts
I know, I was just kidding around.:) I saw him run an 11.00 or 10.9X somethine like 2 years ago in TX at a drag wars. That is when all my friends and I got excited about SC300s:)

-Ethan
 

·
King of the NA-T's
Joined
·
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Cory, the intake manifold is great! Makes it real easy to check the plugs, and keeps the IC piping over on the cool side of the engine. :) I did use a TT intercooler. The hard pipes from the intercooler kit, along with a HKS Hardpipe kit were made to work. I had to mod the HKS pipes a little bit.


soarer 300 said:


Dave,

Judging by the looks, I'd guess you had to go with an I/C made for a TT? How do you like the intake manifold? Were there any special things that were done to successfully run that?

-c
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
979 Posts
i know your playing around Ebanks but i had to mess with ya a little bit......i hope you run 9s.....i love seeing sc300s done up....my favorite car...supras are a close 2nd........anyone going to nopi?...Jeff
 

·
King of the NA-T's
Joined
·
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ethan, can you (or Lar) tell us what happened to your tranny? Anything us other na-t folks need to worry about? Thanks. My tranny is working flawlessly so far BTW. :)
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top