Supra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Banned
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got a call yesterday from Paul @ MSP w/partial tuning.

Made [email protected] of boost SAE w/TC Unlocked. This was on Torco Mach 118 Leaded Fuel. He also mentioned that the car made power all the way to 9k RPM :eek: and held boost all the way to redline...no bleeding off or anything, and that the graph looked like a plateau! :hail:

He would have finalized the tuning on the car last night but ran into wastegate spring issues (couldn't boost over 26lbs), so he'll swap out the spring today and crank her up to 36-37lbs and see how she does. I'll scan the graph in later this week and will post updated numbers later today!

I do not plan to lock the converter at all during tuning or racing, just as an FYI, since its basically pointless!

And just to keep everyone up-to-date, the newly installed mods are the following:

MSP Street Intake Manifold
Hks 272 Cams (Had Hks 264s)
New Stock Head Gasket (Had Hks 2.0mm, which was too think causing only a 110 psi per cylinder, which after the change has increased to 155 psi in each cylinder).
KAAZ Lsd

-Val :bigthumb:

·
Banned
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just a re-cap, here are the prior mods as of 4/2005......and some parts are unchanged!

Engine:
MSP/Pro Port Ported and Polished and Milled Head
Carillo Rods
JE .040 Pistons w/Rings
Clevite 77 Bearing Kit
Full Rotating Assembly has been balanced by Pro Port
Short Block Bored/Honed and Hot Tanked by Pro Port
Crower Ti Retainers and Dual valve Springs
Hks 264 Cams (Now Hks 272s)
Hks Cam Gears
Hks 2.0 Metal Head Gasket (Now Stock Head Gasket)
MSP/ATI Dampner Crank Pulley
MSP Polished Street Intake Manifold (Newly Installed)
MSP Modified OEM Oil Pump
All OEM Toyota Gaskets & Seals

Turbo Changes:
GT74Q DBB w/.81 AR Exhaust Housing
HKS GT Wastegate
BL 4" Mp & DP
Hks Ti Exhaust

Engine Management:
AEM EMS w/5bar Map Sensor
AEM UEGO Single Channel Wideband.
GM IAT

Drivetrain:
Boost Logic Toyota Rebuilt Tranny
PI/MW Rebuilt 3800-4k Single Disc TC
Kaaz LSD (Newly Installed)

·
Banned
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
chidoks: I'll be fine, Sam & Yamil are pushing well over 850rwhp through the same tranny.

Krister: Gotta try out this turbo first to its full potential and then we shall see!

vnt :bigthumb:

·
Na Zdrowie
958 Posts
Those are some great #'s. Congrats! You should see 700 rwhp on full boost.

·
I rock like CRACK
1,010 Posts
So what you're saying is you'll see some 9's this year Val!

·
Banned
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Dakadan, im actually hopefully for somewhere between 725-740rwhp at full tilt.

SSSUPRA: I'm sure as hell hoping but if the boost doesn't do it then I've got a NX 50-150 shot already in the car and ready to go.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
vntperformance said:
Thanks Dakadan, im actually hopefully for somewhere between 725-740rwhp at full tilt.

SSSUPRA: I'm sure as hell hoping but if the boost doesn't do it then I've got a NX 50-150 shot already in the car and ready to go.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nice numbers at that boost through the stall Val! :bigthumb:
Are you coming to MIR on the 25th for IDRC?
Congrats
Wayne

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Val that turbo is right on spec with your mods and boost I dyno'd very similar. I only gained about 9-11 hp per psi depending on the conditions and compressor efficiency so I'm not sure where you will end up. Then again my transmission is a little more parasitic than yours. I've dyno'd that turbo a million times too. But let us know how it does at 36-37 I've never had the boost up that high. It may be out of its efficiency range at that stage. My highest boost was 30-31 due to w/g spring. I'm still running the crappy hks gt gate with a base boost of 18 psi.

·
Banned
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
WayneCar: Thanks, and yes i'll be there!

cummins: Thanks bro! From what I saw when woon ran this identical turbo to his record pass of 9.xx he had it cracked up to 35-37lbs and he mentioned to me that about 37lbs was the max this turbo could flow....so we shall see ;)

Accoding to your calculations I should be right in the 730rwhp area around that boost range, maybe even higher since we're in two different elevations and conditions? I too am running the Hks GT W/G with a base boost of 16-18 lbs which is perfectly fine for me on the street on 93 Octane ;) Whats the status on your ride? :bigthumb:

tjfls4: Thanks T.J, I love the BL Tranny, i've got well over 50 passes on it and it has yet to hiccup!

vnt

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
I think you could hit 730 at 37 psi. Glad to know that 37 is max. Now its time for me to turn it up to 37! hahaha. Yah on the dyno I could only hit 31. On the street I could hit 34. So with a little spray I should be able to hit 36 and near 37 so good enough for me! I think you have the spring right below mine. I used to run that one and only was able to get 26 psi on the dyno also. Then I switched and now can get 31 with a base of 18. I'm gonna stay with this spring since I can get close to 36-37 psi out of it on the track with some spray. My ride looks like a spider web now with the cage. Its cert'd to 8.5. Just finishing up some saftey equipment in it. It should be ready for Vegas next month. We'll see how it goes! Congrats on your ride and let us know how you dyno with it cranked up!

·
Banned
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks again Pat. Heck if it goes over 730rwhp i'll def be more then impressed!!!!!! But who knows? Before I had boost creep issues and now that has been fixed and its actually holding rock steady all the way to 9k, when Paul told me that I almost fell outta my chair :bowdown:

But I can't wait till the 25th, when I let her rip.... i'll keep you guys posted!

·
Boost Junkie
12,694 Posts
Great numbers at that boost level Val. Looking forward to seeing what it runs at the track.

Steve

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Your gonna love Paul's manifold. I installed one on mine and my god! That damn thing flows!

Goodluck on the tune!

Mike

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
any pics of pauls manifold?. . val, the car sounds mean,go get that 9 sec slip bro.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.