Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im missing a Label on the Driver side door. When I bough the car in 1999 the owner show me some bills of repair to the door done in a toyota dealer in Orlando. Now I'm with the dilema of identifying if the door is a brand new OEM from toyota or its the original door.

I need to know in order to produce the bills and the legal paperwork to get a new label.

How can I know if the Door was replaced with a new one or if it is the original fixed.

The car have beiing painted in Full, the area where the label goes seems its being work on, The mechanical inside to roll the windows was replaced not long ago.
The in between rubbers are painted original white

Any Ideas?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nop no vin anywhere no DTO LABEL EITHER,
Any of you boug a new door where is the oem DTO label on a new. Door

·
Blood for Blood
8,321 Posts
Do you have the bills of repair from the Toyota dealer in Orlando? If so call them with the VIN number and find out. If not how many Toyota dealers are there in Orlando? Call them with your VIN and see what was done with your car at their dealer location. It will all be in the system by your VIN number.

You need this info to get what new label? A VIN sticker for the door? That would NOT be legal at all... there is NO legal paperwork for fraud. Toyota would not make you new VIN stickers for any body parts ... it does not work that way.. if it did all MKIVs would have all 12 VINs in place even after a crash and repair...

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I may have to produce a new receipt if dont nail the dealer im almost sure the door is a new oem toyota replacement but no receipt or rdto number on it.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Take the door apart and look inside. Is there new paint next to old paint then its your original door. Look at the inside of the door skin, what color is the e-coating, if the e-coat is black then it will be most likely a new oem replacement or aftermarket part. If the color is grayish/yellowish then its your original door.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats great info, will take it apart,although the car was painted recently , i think the inside info will come in handy will take pictures also, thanks

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
It can't be that hard to see if the door is original or new replacement,you can also take both door panels off andget a closer look inside and compare. Usually replacement door will have sloppy or not as neat seam sealer. New replacement doors will have "RDOT" label ,unless it got painted over or removed. Didn't you post about this couple months ago? Have you contacted ECS ? As long as the car is legit ,has a dash VIN, I don't think it would be that hard to get ECS to make a new door label

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You got the comparison right, took both pannels and compare them , the driver side is a toyota oem product , the RDOT LABEL , seems it was removed. The main difference between both is the inside , the iriginal is white yelowish while the panel of the oem is grey. Actually seems the oem replacement was all gray at one time then got painted white..

So now i have to come up with a receipt or maybe try ecs. Thanks for the advice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.