Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New owner here! Better pics!

Hi, my names Ryan and I just wanted to make my first post and say hello to everyone.
I picked up this 1988 Supra turbo this past week. It had sat for awhile and the gas tank needed cleaning and the mass air/o2 sensor needed attention. Anyways the car runs great now, doesn't leak oil or antifreeze. It stayed cool on every test trip I went on and when I boosted. It's an automatic as well with 157k miles. I plan on doing a super tune up and Hks HG soon.
I picked it up for 1000bux from a guy that's simply not interested.

It hasn't been cleaned up in these photos. Today's the first day I will have had time to detail it. I'll post more pics after I'm done.

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,084 Posts
Welcome, looks like a great buy. Come out to the Albertsons in Oak Hill tomorrow night if the weather's nice, the Texas Supra Club has been meeting up there right at dark.

·
The Great Kruso
3,876 Posts
Welcome to the board guy, nice looking car! Hey Rajunz....when and where exactly will this be....i need to break my motor in. I might just drive up to Austin.

Kruso

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,084 Posts
Kruso said:
Welcome to the board guy, nice looking car! Hey Rajunz....when and where exactly will this be....i need to break my motor in. I might just drive up to Austin.

Kruso
In South Austin is Oak Hill. From Houston, come in on hwy. 71, go past I-35 intersection, then 71 will turn into an upper deck freeway, stay in your left lane for about 5 miles until the freeway ends. Go through next 3 signal lights and then look for an Albertsons. Every Saturday night, weather permitting, they have a Hot Rod show in the parking lot, starts at dark. I haven't been in over a month because of cold and holidays, etc., but I think tomorrow should be nice. The TSC usually meets there. If not, try and make it down in another few weeks when it warms more. Make sure you let us know, so we can hook up.

http://txsupras.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool, I'll definitely try to make it out there. Oh wait a minute, I haven't taken care of any of the dang paperwork! I haven't had time.

If anything I'll drive out in my Conquest and meet you guys. Is that cool?

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,084 Posts
Hell yeah that's cool. Conquest are awesome cars. There's one that shows up out there with a Buick GN turbo motor crammed into it, awesome car that screams.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah!! I've been meaning to hookup with him. I've only heard that he's a jailer out in Manor, but I haven't met him.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Ya, 4 extra HP. :)

On the positive side, the '89 comes with speed sensitive steering. 90 and higher come with an airbag, 91 has a better sound system.

·
Heja BvB
240 Posts
Supra Junky 101 said:
89+ just means new bumper, plastic trim . 3pc tails..and if im forgettin something guys just add to it.
Yeah, something about the 7m crank over the 6m...been a popular subject as of late.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks I've been trying to read as much as I can quickly as I can.

GrimJack- Thanks for the link, I'll make sure to read up there.

wow I'm glad i found this site. reminds me of starquestclub.com for the Conquests' Absolutely one of the best repair forums ever-
You post a question and it is answered with knowledge only a enthusiast can muster

·
FasterThanASpeedingCivic
671 Posts
Welcome aboard!!! Clean Car man, Hows the interior?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'll post some pics of the interior a bit later from home after I detail it out. The interior is maroon cloth style. Only thing I see is wear on the fabric but no rips anywhere. I believe it's missing the passenger door lok surround piece. Oh yeah for some reason

The armrest is BLOWN!!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts