Supra Forums banner

**new Parts To Put On The Mkiv Next Month!!**

1K views 31 replies 22 participants last post by  R0BBIE 
#1 ·
Hey guys

got some new toys to put on the car yesterday! Got them from a one of my best friends who decided to part out his 94... Anyway everything is brandnew, the install will take place in like 3 weeks, once i get some misc parts. Like another WG, my wide band 02, ect...

But enjoy and tell me what ya think!

Geno~

GT42-74 dbb turbo
Full Race Manifold
Tial 44mm WG (i need one more to run duel)
AEM EMS
5" Intake mani/stock runners (5" flag pole)
4' custom dp
PHR Fuel Rail
960cc inj
areomotove FPR
Stock hanger with duel Walbros mounted
-6 lines
misc stuff, ect...
need a BC, another WG and some misc stuff... i should have it up next month tho hopefully.

See less See more
#10 · (Edited)
Looks like a twin scroll (ie divided exhaust chamber) garrett turbo???

if so, call full-race and get the proper manifold for it.

Twin scrolls spool like none-other, but theyre useless unless the manifold is designed for it.

the one it looks liek you have:

the one you want:

youll need to run dual wastegates as well.

This is the best setup when run properly. insane spool

#16 ·
both manifolds are made by full-race

The first manifold (one you have) is made for normal t4 style exhaust housings. One large inlet (turbo) and outlet (manifold). They mate together and have that same open flange (one large rectangular hole). If you look at the pictures, you can clearly see how all runners are combined into one section that feeds the turbo.

Now the second manifold is meant for the Twin-Scroll or Divided exhaust housing style turbos, which it looks like you have. These turbos have dual exhaust housings which can be identified by the two rectangular holes in the inlet for the exhaust housing. In order to use these turbos to their full potential (which is amazing) you must have a manifold that is designed for these specific turbos. The manifold must be divided, just like the turbo. If you look at the pic, you can clearly see how the manifold is divided into 2 groups of 3 runners that stays separate the entire way. kind of like two 3-runner manifolds joined at the flange. exhaust gasses from each group of 3 cylinders is kept separate and fed into each side of the divided exhaust housing (think of a HKS twin kit). This increases spool as the turbo was intended to do. Also the reason why you have to run 2 wastegates. Again, these systems yield incredible numbers when put together correctly. I believe full-race is the only place that makes a divided manifold that works with these turbos on our cars.

If anyone has ever owned a mkii MR2 turbo and wondered what the "twin enty turbo" means, this is it, just a lot smaller.

Not twin turbo, but a lot faster response than comparable singles.

hope this makes sense and helps out. i know theyre out there, but I have yet to see anyone with an mkiv running a twinscroll.

#14 ·
Nice haul. Looks like someone will be having fun soon.

#22 ·
Poor DJREVERSAL, I remember the day he bought the car with only 20K miles on it.

Good luck with the parts......should be awesome!!!

#26 ·
Robbie & Josh

i just spoke to mark i got the turbo from... and he said that he had done research on it and spoke with Larry from SP and heard that it didnt make thatmuch of a difference. He said with the twin scrolls matching that it would spool up quicker but with the way i have it now it shouldnt make a drastic difference in power and or spool uptime.... id figure hed already done research on that casue he anal like that lol. but thanks for the headsup!

anyother info on would make good reading

thanks guys

Geno~

#30 ·
Well it's good that you got the info from the man, himself. Admittedly, I was going by a scrap of information that stuck with me in the back of my head for a while. I don't think the thread survived the few cleanings Supraforums has been through. Sorry for the lack of evidence though. But if Larry thinks that the difference won't be that discernable, then you shouln't worry about it. Like I said previously, all the parts put on your car are amazing! Good luck with the project and be sure to keep us updated. Also, if Larry can provide any information on the twin scroll issue that'd be much appreciated.

Josh

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.