Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Cecil County Dragway today in MD and made about 6 passes today. My first 5 passes were all pretty consistent ranging from 11.6-11.8. The first five passes i was still learning the launch points, as i started at 5500rpm on the first pass and only managed a 2.1 60ft. Each pass i increased my launch point to a higher rpm but still wasn't doing better than a 1.9 60ft.

My final pass i flashed the rpm's up to the 7000rpm range and slipped it alittle more than i usually do and the car took off like a bat out of the hell. I actually let off of it because i wasn't expecting it to twist to the side like it did, but i probably would of been fine staying in it. I managed a 1.78 60ft on the last run with a [email protected] . I was shortly booted off the track after this run so i didn't get a chance to try it again without letting off. My first three runs were made at 22psi, and the last 3 passes i did at 26psi.

Here is the slip breakdown

60ft- 1.789
330'-4.999
1/8-7.537
MPH-100.12
1000'-9.651
1/4- 11.427
MPH- 128.31

Next outting will be a MIR track rental since I don't have a rollbar yet.

·
HIGH OFF BOOST
788 Posts
nice

Good job !Alexd seat time is everything and i see your learning how to drag the last 60ft time was nice, ten's is around the corner :bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still on old school VPC/SAFC combo without 2-step. I'm not a baller like you ryan with your fancy schmancy AEM:D

·
Registered
814 Posts
congrats on the times alex, you definately just need to stay into it and turn the boost up to 30pnds, with that turbo u should definately be able to run a good 10 second pass.

·
Gone Fishin
395 Posts
Congrats Alex, next time shoot me a call before you head up there I would like to see you run. Don't forget about the hooters meet.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Alex D said:
I went to Cecil County Dragway today in MD and made about 6 passes today. My first 5 passes were all pretty consistent ranging from 11.6-11.8. The first five passes i was still learning the launch points, as i started at 5500rpm on the first pass and only managed a 2.1 60ft. Each pass i increased my launch point to a higher rpm but still wasn't doing better than a 1.9 60ft.

My final pass i flashed the rpm's up to the 7000rpm range and slipped it alittle more than i usually do and the car took off like a bat out of the hell. I actually let off of it because i wasn't expecting it to twist to the side like it did, but i probably would of been fine staying in it. I managed a 1.78 60ft on the last run with a [email protected] . I was shortly booted off the track after this run so i didn't get a chance to try it again without letting off. My first three runs were made at 22psi, and the last 3 passes i did at 26psi.

Here is the slip breakdown

60ft- 1.789
330'-4.999
1/8-7.537
MPH-100.12
1000'-9.651
1/4- 11.427
MPH- 128.31

Next outting will be a MIR track rental since I don't have a rollbar yet.

Nice run Alex. You picked up 28.21mph in 3.89 seconds on the
big end. Not shabby at all. :bigthumb:
When do you want to do the rental? I am on vacation August 8-15th.
What do you think about sometime that week if there is interest?
Congrats again.
Wayne

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WayneCar said:
Nice run Alex. You picked up 28.21mph in 3.89 seconds on the
big end. Not shabby at all. :bigthumb:
When do you want to do the rental? I am on vacation August 8-15th.
What do you think about sometime that week if there is interest?
Congrats again.
Wayne
Unfortunately, that won't be a good week for me as i'll be in Ocean City. I was thinking towards late september or early october to catch some of the cooler fall air.

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,783 Posts
Lookin good man :) Hope we can hit the track together later this summer!

Jay

PS - feel free to compare and enter your stuff here: http://list.to4r.com/

1 - 14 of 14 Posts