Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the Civil Wars race at Rockingham yesterday – my 4th track trip in 4 weeks! They had mostly Fords, but was open to all makes. It was a madhouse – it took 13 ½ hrs to make 4 runs!

The track hooked, but I still managed to smoke the tires on a couple of runs. Between the smoke, I managed a [email protected]! It was a soft launch - I have a video if someone can host it?

Tried for a 10.0 on the next run, but got tire spin instead, and a [email protected] Pulled a cheater on the last run by running the NOS that I normally use just for the launch all the way down the track. It didn’t work, it was way too rich. Even though I had tuned it the week before to 11.0 A/F, it was 10.7 and it felt sluggish, ran a [email protected]

I would like to ditch the NOS for launching next year and try a Phillip Long Turbo Launch to build some boost on the line.

Al

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
T6Rocket said:
Went to the Civil Wars race at Rockingham yesterday – my 4th track trip in 4 weeks! They had mostly Fords, but was open to all makes. It was a madhouse – it took 13 ½ hrs to make 4 runs!

The track hooked, but I still managed to smoke the tires on a couple of runs. Between the smoke, I managed a [email protected]! It was a soft launch - I have a video if someone can host it?

Tried for a 10.0 on the next run, but got tire spin instead, and a [email protected] Pulled a cheater on the last run by running the NOS that I normally use just for the launch all the way down the track. It didn’t work, it was way too rich. Even though I had tuned it the week before to 11.0 A/F, it was 10.7 and it felt sluggish, ran a [email protected]

I would like to ditch the NOS for launching next year and try a Phillip Long Turbo Launch to build some boost on the line.

Al
Congrats on the new best! What kind of 60's were you getting? Still on those drag radials I suppose? What size of a shot out of the hole? Awesome runs, certainly is the best weather of the year to run!

Andrew:beerchug:

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I can get between 1.61-1.64 on a good track. If I try to build any boost, the BFG's or Nittos go up in smoke b/c of the NOS shot. That is why I just want to try and build boost w/o the NOS. Here is the timeslip info:

RT .790
60' 1.648
330 4.345
1/8 6.572
MPH 110.43
1000 8.499
1/4 10.13
MPH 135.48

Al

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
nice numbers T6rocket, 60's seem good, what stall/tranny are you running, im just interested.

Brett

·
Old School
4,014 Posts
Very good times, T6. :bigthumb:

Your car got some nice reviews on This Thread at LS1.com.

·
4,417 Posts
Congrats Al! You missed out on the pig - but it was worth it to turn those kind of numbers. :)

Jim

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys! I am running a PI 3800 stall. Currently on BFG's and the Nittos I used to drag with are still my street tires!

Thanks Jim - yeah we were really trying to make it back in time for the pig pickin! The race was a lot bigger than I expected.

Al

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
Damn...feels like every other week I'm offering up some cograts to you!! :D

Ever think of bumping up that stall to get those big twins spooling harder?

Jay

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Jay! Those turbos dont reach full boost till around 5000. I want to try the two-step to build boost. Then I can take off the NOS kit and I wont have to keep explaining to guys in the pits that I just use the NOS for the launch!

Al

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is the video, kinda hard to read the scoreboard as the Mustang was running a little rich! Suspension changes are right around the corner - time for some weight transfer so I can launch the car the way I want to! http://www.fast4x4.net/T6Rocket/1013Run.mpg

Al

·
Oh I think they like me.
714 Posts
Nice Run...

What kind of wheel/tire setup do you have on your car?

looks like the 16" N/a Wheels... what kinda tires/size?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
T6Rocket said:
I want to try the two-step to build boost. Then I can take off the NOS kit and I wont have to keep explaining to guys in the pits that I just use the NOS for the launch!

Al
Al, can you explain how the 2-step will help build boost on an auto? Is anyone using this? If so, what are the results?

thanks,

John H

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It will build boost on an auto the same way it builds it on a 6-spd, by creating a load on the engine by cutting one cylinder. I plan on setting it on an RPM that will allow it to build boost - hopefully below the stall speed of 3600 - so it wont want to move thru the brakes!

Here is the link: http://store.yahoo.com/supra/msddirigsys6.html

Al

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
Spanki said:
But you are 6spd :eek:
paul i was just wondering what Auto's can cut in the 60' with a stall like he has, is that a problem?

Brett

1 - 19 of 19 Posts