Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well folks the car is finaly 100% done! (for the time being at least). I just got it lowered on friday, and am very happy with how the drop turned out.

The suspension includes Koni sport shocks (set on the lower perches) with Tein H-tech Springs

The last pic has the supra, and my brothers SMZ (Special Edition 300zx Turbo)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
thanks for the kind words guys. I appreciate it

Mystic: nice car you have there, are those sf challenges?

Rookie84: that would be the whifbitz lip (doesnt ride quite as low to the ground as the Rmm lip, the only draw back however is that it is fiberglass.

suprafastmkiv: those would be 19" ssr gt3's. I was really debating between the 18's and 19's but since I had a pair of 18's I figured, id give something new a try. fronts are 19x8.5 w/ 245/35/19 and the rears are 19x10.5 w/ 285/30/19

·
Registered
648 Posts
very solid man. i think i prefer the gt1s over the gt3s, but there is only a subtle difference between the two. awesome supra! :bigthumb:

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
Does any company make that lip in urethane? Nice car!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Wow, solid choice of cars you got there!

They both look amazing, I'm pretty jealous :)

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
94suprattmd said:
thanks for the kind words guys. I appreciate it

Mystic: nice car you have there, are those sf challenges?

Yes they are!!

I love your Z too btw. GReat collection of cars :bigthumb:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks again for the compliments guys. The 300zx is my brothers, and it is definately a nice ride. It has a real inear power curve and is very fast.

lis2k: unfortunately no one makes a replica of the whifbitz lip in urethane. While urethane would definately be nice, the fiberglass isn't a disaster since the lip really doesnt sit that low. I don't think the lip sits more then an inch or two lower then the stock lip. Also the Fit was really nice (simply drill in the specified holes).

Mystic supra: post up some pics of the car, I want to see those black sf challenges

·
Registered
294 Posts
As clean as your car is....

Honestly, I think that lip is the single best choice for silver....I had never seen that on silver, but it looks really great. I think the best choice in body kits also comes down to car color....A couple things to consider, is there any way to do away with the front plate bracket....It just doesn't help the front. I have the same thing, but I'm trying to figure out a way around getting a new bumper, which may be the only solution. Also, I would think the Euro skirts and a subtle rear end treatment would look great with that lip. I think lips by themselves just don't look right from the side shot. But the Whifbitz is better than most because it's not so deep, like the Greddy or RMM or WW lip.....Love the 19's too. I considered getting that package, but due to desired traction after going single(when I go) and because the ones I found were kind of rare, I got my Works.

Later,

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks again for the nice words guys. Alot of time went into picking the parts I did for this car.

Joe: You definately need to post some pics of your supra. There aren't very many mint mkiv's with 25,000 miles on them. Also thanks for encouraging me to pull the trigger and change the car up a little bit :) .

Modemthug: The car actually had tints way back when I got it about 5 years ago. unfortuantely, here in maryland they are quite picky when it comes to tint laws.

Superfastmkiv: I agree that color is very influential in determining how a particular lip or body kit willl look on a car. I actually decided i was going to go with the whifbitz lip after seeing pictures that "yb2fast" posted of his ride. He actually had the jdm side skirts on his as well. As for the license plate bracket, i wish i could remove it, however the paint underneath it is etched in the shape of the bracket, and the holes are pretty large. I think the only way to get rid of it would be to get a new bumper. While I would rather not have the bracket where it is, it doesnt bother me enough at the moment to bite the bullet and go the new bumper route.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts