Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Certified Toyota Tech
352 Posts
Looks very good, did you just get a gte engine? or is it NA-T?

However, clear pics of 7m's remind me of why i went 1j. You sir, are a bigger man than I. I hate working in that mess

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
looks good, run into any problems? i myself am venturing into a gte swap soley because i have no motor now, let me know.
bassjunkiens5 is right, you'll confuse the engine and even backfires at times, plug it back up ;)
well the supra runs great rebuilt so no problems yet and its super fast but then agin i came from n/a honda's and a crapy bhg 7m-ge.and know wonder it backfires when i let off the gas i still need some parts dis/cap, throttle linkage thingie dont know what its called if you look closely im using a pink string,a exhaust pipe,new clutch,fule pump,tires and some other thing like what you guys said but as the saying go's money talks and i got this swap with no JOB so for some of you that dont know GOD is good if you wait:hail: .lol.so i cant wait till i get a job so i can start droping money in it like i would with my other car's and get it on the track.oh yeah it took my friend about 4-5 hours to do the swap and with me cleaning as much oil up from the old motor and going to autozone for stuff.yeah about 4-5 hours. sorry for the crapy spelling.lol

·
Overlooked
4,677 Posts
And I didn't mention before but your BVSV, charcoal can, and vaccuum tree in front of the 3000 pipe. How did you get around all that? If I'm not mistaken the vaccuum for the heater control comes from the BVSV to charcoal can to heater valve to vaccuum tree along the fire wall to your boost sensor. Missing alot it seems.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
And I didn't mention before but your BVSV, charcoal can, and vaccuum tree in front of the 3000 pipe. How did you get around all that? If I'm not mistaken the vaccuum for the heater control comes from the BVSV to charcoal can to heater valve to vaccuum tree along the fire wall to your boost sensor. Missing alot it seems.
yeah i didnt have everything to start with when my friend was droping it in he said that a lot of that was not really needed if i didnt care about smog and it works fine ill hit 135-140mph like nothing too it sounds crazy but im telling you its the big man upstairs that why im starting to build this supra to help raise money for ppl who dont have much.and as soon as i said it things started to happen even tho i had no job.but also the one to talk to is my friend jacob who did the swap.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts