Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
stop pulling me over pigs
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I haven't had really many current pics of the supe up here lately, at all - so I figured Id post some up on - seeing that the rims were clean, car was semi-clean (I've been lazy washing it lately since it rains every 5 mins here in CT...) and the interior was decent.

I lowered the res down to about 300k for each shot, since they were like 3 megs each - but these are good for wallpapers if u like that sort of thing.... :)

Thumbnails for easy viewing! :wtflol: :freak: :bigthumb:
If anyone is wondering how I did it with thumbs, just use www.imageshack.us - it's butta - and free.

The car definitely needs a good buffing, it's been a while. The super-white is turning pearl -hehe

(wow I must be mad bored to be actually hosting these all at home here at 56k....boooorrring)

CLICK TO ENLARGE--< HOMiE

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
Long time no talk buddy! Ever get your BHG scare all figured out and fixed?

While you've been focusin on your car's look I've been focusing on my car's speed. Finally starting to haul some serious ass.

·
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
What up guys,

First off - don't be hatin'...

LOL well, feel free to "not feel" the wing, you're free to your own opinion - but I love it, it's the best thing I did to this car. I wanted to go for something a little bolder than teh stock wing, yet not as far as the mk4 - this was the answer, and I had to mod it to fit. Only one other supra has this wing, at least from supras that are on the forums, and he's in Canada - Byrsta with the red one.

Dude, it NEVER WAS A BHG! I'm telling you, it's weird...but true.

The car was overflowing, overflowing from the coolant bottle, intermittently - not drawgin the coolant back in like its supposed to...even failed the block test. THEN I check the header bolts - they were LOOSE near the front of the engine. I think somehow that's how air was getting into the system. All I know is, ever since I re-torqued the header - the car has been mint, no more overflowing. Sounds weird, but it makes sense...theres a coolant passage right near the header port on the #1 front cylinder. Maybe that's how exhaust gases were getting into the coolant to fail the block test. (the blue fluid turned maaad yellow, too.)

It's been 3 months of me driving the car normal, sometimes hard - to and from work 20 mins each way, 5 days a week, plus wknd driving. Who knows, maybe the head gasket is on its way out - but if it ain't broke, I don't fix it. No time, no garage for preventitive head gasket swaps, so if the car is running and feeling like the day I bought it, I'm not going to worry.

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
Yea I think the last time we talked you told me about that. Good to hear it's still going good man!

I like the new pics, I never really liked your car in the old ones at all, but I'm starting to dig these new ones because they look much better :bigthumb:

I get my headers and clear corners on Sunday, and my wing is in the mail/at the po box (Haven't checked).

I think it's time you put an exhust on that car you got there though :stickpoke
What looks good has gotta sound good too ;)

·
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I've been trying to kill the stock exhaust....that junk is NEVER going to rot out. I've been waiting for 5 years, becuase it kills me to hack off a perfectly good exhaust. That has always been on my list of things to do, though - its not that expensive to get a nice muffler off ebay, and some piping from the cat back.

Nah, not turbo for me. It'd be nice, but I don't feel like dropping any more money in this car - I've been dropping enough as it is with replacement parts/maintenance (waterpump, radiator & cap, brakes, thermostat, ngk plugs, rims, yada yada yada)

The next thing I buy big for this car is going to be a little brother or sister...hehe- I'm looking for a 98 GS400 in good shape, and cheap. I can't bear to sell the supra, so now I'm thinking I'll just get 2 cars, make the supra a weekend whip or something, that's if I can afford the insurance.

·
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CRAP - sorry, I didn't realize the thumbnails were'nt enlarging when you clicked on them -my bad, they work now - blocka, now u can see more detail.

·
daredevil racecar builder
2,094 Posts
Things I like: clean interior and paint
Things I don't like:tacky mkiv script decals,wing,tacky fog lights in grill, and the clear turns look out of place with every other signal being stock colored.

·
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, Im not going to spend 100 bucks on pieces of plastic just to clear them out - so front is good enought for me. still way nicer than stock on a white car, I think.

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
AGlobalThreat said:
You should drop your car dude. It would look 1000x better. It's pretty low already so with some short springs it would be really take a big drop and look awesome.
i'd say its perfect as it is. my car is a little lower and its way too low, i scrape :(

i'll have to take a picture of my car to show you what im talking about, sometime soon.

·
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
VHT niteshades looks good on certain colors, I think they're iight on black, red, or burgundy cars, but I'm not into the blacked out look. I think the clear matches the white better, looks a lot cleaner. Plus, I can always return the car back to stock whenever I want, without any paint thinner...

Thermactor said:
i'd say its perfect as it is. my car is a little lower and its way too low, i scrape :(

i'll have to take a picture of my car to show you what im talking about, sometime soon.
Heck yes, I'd definitely love to see it.

Yeah, but I agree - this fockers low enough stock, for me...I even scrape my stock front (bent up) lip on some steep driveways. If I had a body kit, Id tear that thing up...even just bumping into curbs, cuz sometimes you just dont see them when you're parking, and then your like $#@%!!!

·
Livin the Supra Lifestyle
2,023 Posts
wing don't look like it fits the car. Also why 4 fog lights? Good shape otherwise. :)

·
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
LOL....hataz ;)

cuz 4 is better than 2, looks like a spaceship going down the road, duhh...

...and the wing hangs over the edge by .5 inch....not enough for me to bust out the fiberglass and redo it.

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
Hey SUPE you tested positive for exhaust gases in the coolant right??? Before your dad tightened that nut?

Was your car ever eating coolant or did the actual coolant level stay normal besides for the air?

·
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
nah it never burnt coolant, I only lost it from overflowing. I replied to your other thread, I wrote abig post - go check it out bro

1 - 20 of 22 Posts