Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
stop pulling me over pigs
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I haven't had really many current pics of the supe up here lately, at all - so I figured Id post some up on - seeing that the rims were clean, car was semi-clean (I've been lazy washing it lately since it rains every 5 mins here in CT...) and the interior was decent.

I lowered the res down to about 300k for each shot, since they were like 3 megs each - but these are good for wallpapers if u like that sort of thing.... :)

Thumbnails for easy viewing! :wtflol: :freak: :bigthumb:
If anyone is wondering how I did it with thumbs, just use www.imageshack.us - it's butta - and free.

The car definitely needs a good buffing, it's been a while. The super-white is turning pearl -hehe

(wow I must be mad bored to be actually hosting these all at home here at 56k....boooorrring)

CLICK TO ENLARGE--< HOMiE

·
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
What up guys,

First off - don't be hatin'...

LOL well, feel free to "not feel" the wing, you're free to your own opinion - but I love it, it's the best thing I did to this car. I wanted to go for something a little bolder than teh stock wing, yet not as far as the mk4 - this was the answer, and I had to mod it to fit. Only one other supra has this wing, at least from supras that are on the forums, and he's in Canada - Byrsta with the red one.

Dude, it NEVER WAS A BHG! I'm telling you, it's weird...but true.

The car was overflowing, overflowing from the coolant bottle, intermittently - not drawgin the coolant back in like its supposed to...even failed the block test. THEN I check the header bolts - they were LOOSE near the front of the engine. I think somehow that's how air was getting into the system. All I know is, ever since I re-torqued the header - the car has been mint, no more overflowing. Sounds weird, but it makes sense...theres a coolant passage right near the header port on the #1 front cylinder. Maybe that's how exhaust gases were getting into the coolant to fail the block test. (the blue fluid turned maaad yellow, too.)

It's been 3 months of me driving the car normal, sometimes hard - to and from work 20 mins each way, 5 days a week, plus wknd driving. Who knows, maybe the head gasket is on its way out - but if it ain't broke, I don't fix it. No time, no garage for preventitive head gasket swaps, so if the car is running and feeling like the day I bought it, I'm not going to worry.

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
Yea I think the last time we talked you told me about that. Good to hear it's still going good man!

I like the new pics, I never really liked your car in the old ones at all, but I'm starting to dig these new ones because they look much better :bigthumb:

I get my headers and clear corners on Sunday, and my wing is in the mail/at the po box (Haven't checked).

I think it's time you put an exhust on that car you got there though :stickpoke
What looks good has gotta sound good too ;)

·
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I've been trying to kill the stock exhaust....that junk is NEVER going to rot out. I've been waiting for 5 years, becuase it kills me to hack off a perfectly good exhaust. That has always been on my list of things to do, though - its not that expensive to get a nice muffler off ebay, and some piping from the cat back.

Nah, not turbo for me. It'd be nice, but I don't feel like dropping any more money in this car - I've been dropping enough as it is with replacement parts/maintenance (waterpump, radiator & cap, brakes, thermostat, ngk plugs, rims, yada yada yada)

The next thing I buy big for this car is going to be a little brother or sister...hehe- I'm looking for a 98 GS400 in good shape, and cheap. I can't bear to sell the supra, so now I'm thinking I'll just get 2 cars, make the supra a weekend whip or something, that's if I can afford the insurance.

·
daredevil racecar builder
2,095 Posts
Things I like: clean interior and paint
Things I don't like:tacky mkiv script decals,wing,tacky fog lights in grill, and the clear turns look out of place with every other signal being stock colored.

·
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, Im not going to spend 100 bucks on pieces of plastic just to clear them out - so front is good enought for me. still way nicer than stock on a white car, I think.

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
AGlobalThreat said:
You should drop your car dude. It would look 1000x better. It's pretty low already so with some short springs it would be really take a big drop and look awesome.
i'd say its perfect as it is. my car is a little lower and its way too low, i scrape :(

i'll have to take a picture of my car to show you what im talking about, sometime soon.

·
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
VHT niteshades looks good on certain colors, I think they're iight on black, red, or burgundy cars, but I'm not into the blacked out look. I think the clear matches the white better, looks a lot cleaner. Plus, I can always return the car back to stock whenever I want, without any paint thinner...

Thermactor said:
i'd say its perfect as it is. my car is a little lower and its way too low, i scrape :(

i'll have to take a picture of my car to show you what im talking about, sometime soon.
Heck yes, I'd definitely love to see it.

Yeah, but I agree - this fockers low enough stock, for me...I even scrape my stock front (bent up) lip on some steep driveways. If I had a body kit, Id tear that thing up...even just bumping into curbs, cuz sometimes you just dont see them when you're parking, and then your like $#@%!!!

·
Livin the Supra Lifestyle
2,023 Posts
wing don't look like it fits the car. Also why 4 fog lights? Good shape otherwise. :)

·
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
LOL....hataz ;)

cuz 4 is better than 2, looks like a spaceship going down the road, duhh...

...and the wing hangs over the edge by .5 inch....not enough for me to bust out the fiberglass and redo it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.