Supra Forums banner

41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Captain Slow.
1,483 Posts
6466 with that housing and Qsv.. Thats gonna be a very interesting setup lol

*updates on the r34.* Fab'd new Ic piping and few other things.. Just waiting on John reeds patch harness for the Motec.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Rb26
- Carillo rods
- CP pistons
- stock head port wise
- Tomei Pon B cams
- 9.5:1 compression
- ID2000's
- Raw Brokerage Intake mani (pile of shit)
- FullRace divided mani with twin tial 38's
- 6466 w/ divided 1.00 housing
- 4inch Custom exhaust made in house
- more..

The motor was meant for the R33 GTr I have been building. PACNW nationals came and the owner bought a r34 that had a mishap on the dyno.. we worked for 48hrs to get the new motor in for a show.. (you can see the results of rush) Car hasn't been fired up yet, we are redoing alot of things and Cleaning it all up..

Numbers should come in the next month or so.
Very keen to see how that goes!! Particularly interested in seeing how the higher compression RB26 combo works

·
Captain Slow.
1,483 Posts
this is our very mild rb26..

We are in the middle of a building another, Higher compression and alot more turbo, and 3.0l.... ;)

·
Formerly Nosechunks
1,071 Posts
Now look at this next dyno on Reid's car, the 64 out spooled the 67 and made more HP showing that when inits efficiency range it outperforms the 6766, not until we went all in like on Craig's car did the 67 make more HP.

What were the turbine housing A/R for each of those turbos on Reid's car? We're they all the same? We're they all ball bearing?

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
623 Posts
I mighht get one too

·
TACO!
682 Posts
So in other words, the 6766 is a waste of money, if it can't make more HP than the 6466.

·
Premium Member
11,273 Posts
Well no, the 6766 on 3.4 motor has proven to make 40-50 more HP but on a milder 3.0 the 6466 is the hot ticket! But remember that you can get the 6766 in a journal bearing while the 6466 only is offered in dbb which is more expensive!

·
TACO!
682 Posts
I was told that the 6766 dbb would hit the mid 900s. I have a full built 3.0 and full built head.

·
TACO!
682 Posts
Bet I will not either! I'll be on E85 too.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just got my 6466, .84 divided its going on my 94 supra

3.0 forged internals
hypertune intake
ported head
stock cams
aqua mist water meth injection

the current dyno sheet I have we made 539 whp on a mustang dyno at 18 psi boost with an old PHR turbo, we were trying to turn up the boost but the turbo was not increasing past 21psi. 22 degrees timing at wot.

with the new turbo I want to run 25 to 30 psi.

my goal is 700 whp.

what kinda numbers can I expect on pump gas with meth spraying?

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
I just got my 6466, .84 divided its going on my 94 supra

3.0 forged internals
hypertune intake
ported head
stock cams
aqua mist water meth injection

the current dyno sheet I have we made 539 whp on a mustang dyno at 18 psi boost with an old PHR turbo, we were trying to turn up the boost but the turbo was not increasing past 21psi. 22 degrees timing at wot.

with the new turbo I want to run 25 to 30 psi.

my goal is 700 whp.

what kinda numbers can I expect on pump gas with meth spraying?
We almost never use pump/meth but it will depend greatly on the boost and timing levels and your tuner. 700whp is definitely possible but your tuner will have the final say.

·
Registered
55 Posts
We almost never use pump/meth but it will depend greatly on the boost and timing levels and your tuner. 700whp is definitely possible but your tuner will have the final say.
Ok that is what I wanted to hear, I am certain my tuner can get the job done.
The reason I am on pump gas and meth is because e85 is not an option where I live.
I will post up a dyno sheet in the spring when the turbo is on and the tune is done.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I am fairly impressed with the power and spool of the 6466 with the qsv. Running 681 rwhp and 660 rwtq on 27 psi with a stock 3.0. Looking to replace my 255 twin pumps and push the 1200cc injectors later this year. Will start piecing a motor for more strength. Losing a little bit of torque from my previous setup the amount with how fast the torque hits. This Turbo is really good for the 3.0 comes in fast and keeps good pull on top end.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I am fairly impressed with the power and spool of the 6466 with the qsv. Running 681 rwhp and 660 rwtq on 27 psi with a stock 3.0. Looking to replace my 255 twin pumps and push the 1200cc injectors later this year. Will start piecing a motor for more strength. Losing a little bit of torque from my previous setup the amount with how fast the torque hits. This Turbo is really good for the 3.0 comes in fast and keeps good pull on top end.
What size A/R do you have?

41 - 60 of 92 Posts