Supra Forums banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Supertech springs and retainers. Unsure on valve seats but consider the car has 61k and well over 7k of those on 28 psi and SP had informed me they were cracked so why head was out no extra labor to take it off again for maintenance.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Twin 44mm due to the 66 wheels being so efficient Larry and Reid suggested either twin waste gates or a large single 66mm cause a single 44mm can't keep. I decided twin waste gates for look and then capable of venting more then a single large waste gate. And without proper boost control would lead to boost creep which was an issue when i initially switched to ethanol and Proefi.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i purchased the .68 a/r 6466 for my jdm 2jzgte... what sort of response (low end) and top end power & torque should i expect?

- head is built with ferrea oversized valves + dual springs ++
- cams are 272 Jun cams
- Jun piston kit
- Jun conrods
- hypertune intake manifold

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
What will the 6466 Max out at on pump gas say 19-20psi? looking for a quickspool valve turbo combination that will be close to 550-600hp

My Current Setup:
Fully Built Block, Eagle Rods/JE Pistons
Fully Built Head, HKS 272 Cams/Supertech Dual Springs/Titanium Retainers/Supertech Inconel 1mm Oversized Valves
Quicksilver Quickspool T4 Undivided Manifold/HKS 50mm Racegate w/18.5psi Spring
RC 1000cc Injectors
Haltech PS2000 EMS
Stock Denso TT Fuel Pump (Soon to be Walbro 416)

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
I can't imagine a 6466 with a quick spool valve. It spools up so fast as it is, you might get surge on spool-up. Have to check with SP to be sure.

Also, looking at you list, I would never replace something named "Denso" with something named "Walbro". Maybe run two Denso's?

Al

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
I can't imagine a 6466 with a quick spool valve. It spools up so fast as it is, you might get surge on spool-up. Have to check with SP to be sure.

Also, looking at you list, I would never replace something named "Denso" with something named "Walbro". Maybe run two Denso's?

Al
I've actually seen more Denso pumps fail than Walbro pumps. I'm sure it's mainly due to most Densos approaching 20 years old now but still worth mentioning.

We don't have surge issues as long as a ported compressor housing is used.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Car sounds good. Any reason you went with a 1.15 rear housing?

81 - 92 of 92 Posts