Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
89 Turbo Hardtop
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just installed my new fluidyne radiator just a couple of days ago and once i stepped on it....it gives trouble now. I looked under the hood i seen a heater hose leak on the back firewall between the DP and the head... I replaced it and took it around again and it was working fine until i turned around and it was having trouble agian. i looked under the hood and seen another heater hose leaking between the stock BOV and the left valve cover. i replaced that one and now it ran good until i stepped on it and now i cant find out what it is this time and i know it should be another heater hose busted somewhere. Anyone know and diagram that shows all the heater hose that goes through the whole system??

and my brother took out the thermostat too so i think this should cause of the pressure to blow the OLD hoses...

Thanks,
Tony

·
Banned
4,172 Posts
16lb cap and new thermostat. atleast u got new hoses that probably needed replacing anyways.

·
what would jesus drift?
987 Posts
put the thermostate back in,

fix all the hoses you find at one time, make sure they have good clamps on them,

on the passenger side fire wall, there is a heater contol vavle, disconnect the hose there, and then put a hose into your rad, push all the air out the block from the garden hose right out through the top of the block through the heater hose,

reconnect the heater hose before you pull the gaden hose off, now you can open the rad drain and re-fill with antifreeze as needed..

--------------

to me it sounds like you have air trapped in the block, when there is air in the block it gives room for water to boil, witch creats steam, which can create high pressures to blow hoses off or apart....

·
89 Turbo Hardtop
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pimptrizkit said:
on the passenger side fire wall, there is a heater contol vavle, disconnect the hose there, and then put a hose into your rad, push all the air out the block from the garden hose right out through the top of the block through the heater hose,
Stupid question but, how do i push all the air out of the block? connect the heater control valve hose and the rad hose? and what is the garden hose?

·
Banned
3,588 Posts

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
i had the same problems. 15+ year old rubber = breakage. I kept replacing one by one till one day i replaced them all with a stock radiator

1 - 7 of 7 Posts