Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
19in 795R HRE's FTW....
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was an interesting weekend at Pomona. It was like mother nature was constantly dumping her ashtray on us all weekend!

I had to sand bag to not get DQ'd so I made a single pass on Sat to qualify with a [email protected] at 24-25psi. Today in the first round I ran Saad who was running Matt Scranton's built Supra. I ran a [email protected] with a 1.50 60ft. I was somewhat worried about the track because it wasn't hooking well and a car lost control and flipped over and smalled into the wall right when the action started today. And yesterday another car slammed into the wall. Someone ALWAYS crashes at Pomona and I don't know why.

In the quarters I had to run the all out race car WRX which ran 9.6 during qualifying. He has a built aftermarket tranny, NOS and a nice sized turbo. So knowing this I decided to turn up the wick a bit:)

I did my first Pro-stock burnout which you'll see in the video's soon. I laid down a nice fresh track of my own rubber to launch on. I got real aggresive with the car on the launch and pulled a 1.44!!! This is on my crappy Tein road race setup as well. I run a [email protected] in the 1/8th and then shortly after early in 4th gear I popped some silicon and had no boost for a good portion of the last 1/8th. I still ran a [email protected] though and lost to the WRX who ran [email protected] He got out alittle from the launch and I was pulling on him like crazy, he had a 112mph 1/8th to my 116.5 and then as soon as I got to his back bumper about to pass him I blew off a hose and lost all power and he pulled away from me.

I am going to change my suspension and put a real tire on the car. I have no doubt I can 60ft the car in the 1.3X's. Still with no two step and on my WOTM.com clutch, which now has 6 9sec passes with 1.44-1.55 60fts on every pass. I'm tired as hell but I'll post more later...

·
Registered
581 Posts
WOTM said:
I am going to change my suspension and put a real tire on the car. I have no doubt I can 60ft the car in the 1.3X's. Still with no two step and on my WOTM.com clutch, which now has 6 9sec passes with 1.44-1.55 60fts on every pass. I'm tired as hell but I'll post more later...
This is sick

Congratulation

What suspension are you changing to and what tires

·
Boost Junkie
12,456 Posts
Good job! God only knows what you would have run if that pipe hadn't blown off. Too bad drag season is over, good luck next season.

Steve K.

·
Registered
763 Posts
OMFG! That is totally insane! Great runs and some AWSOME driving.

-pete

·
Supraholic/Boostaholic
1,513 Posts
Once again, I'm amazed. This car/driver combo is one of the best I've seen. Incredible that you are using your own clutch and with no two-step. Can't wait to see the video.

TIME TO UPDATE THAT SIG ONCE AGAIN! :D

Chris

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
Brother, I'm speechless! You are def on top of your game...up there with the best! :D

Now, are you gonna go the way that Ara did? Start running 9.50s then hang it up and go PRO?! ;)

·
19in 795R HRE's FTW....
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am going to try the HKS Drag coilovers. I've driven/ridden in Supras with them and they ride very very nice. I am also going to do a 28in rear tire to hook up better. The car is as it was in Vegas, I just got alittle more aggresive with the launch since I had to run cars that were all quicker and faster than mine:)

It's impossible to say what I would have run had I didn't pop the hose, but I can tell you at minimum I lost a 1/10th. The way the car was running I think I would have run a 147mph trap on that pass.

If I could run a 9.5 and then go pro with another car, I would. It only cost me $400 to go racing this weekend with the car. I'd need some serious sponsors to do a pro car, but I'd love to do it. Hell, I'd just be happy driving someone else's pro car!

·
19in 795R HRE's FTW....
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Here is a video of the run. I'll have some better ones up when I get them.

http://store.yahoo.net/wotmstore/multimedia.html

Just click on the top link. You can hear the hose pop right after I hit 4th gear which is right after the 1/8th. I had the headlight in and filter on too . NHRA makes you run with it in and there was too much crap around the track so I left the filter on.

1.44 60ft
[email protected] 1/8th
[email protected] 1/4

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Congrats Ryan, what a 60', amazing.

·
NFA Pimp
2,735 Posts
Congrats on the times Ryan. Time to step up and get those Wiggins clamps for the intercooler hose problem. :)

·
1000hp thanks to SP
598 Posts
Ryan,
Damn man, you are sick. 1.44, thats better than some built autos!
Definitely would have gained another 10mph without the hose coming off.

Greg

·
Administrator
2,797 Posts
You haven't touch the 6 speed tranny have you?? still stock??

and the block is not stock correct??

Regarless, very nice run.. 1.44 is very impressive :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts