Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
supra crazzzy
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok my new 1990 supra turbo is a fucking blast as hell to drive but there some things that need to be addresed. I don't have any money after buying it so that sucks. well get it home and accidently pull on the handbrake too hard and broke it, so now i have to leave it in gear so it doesn't roll aways. also she IS LEAKING SHIT!! ok i found out the first one is that he put a shitty seal for the antifreeze so that can be fixed. but the rear end is leaking a tiny bit too so i dunno what that is but im goign to have to get that look at as well. the stupid idiot spent like over 5,000 on a new engine and acserious but not on maintence or nothing. so hmmm im in a jam I can fix the antifreez leak but the rear end leak i dunno about that bitch. Also i have to save up to get the small patch of rust removed. man im in way over my head........

·
Check Your Face!!!
1,417 Posts
umm........dont worry brother, thats not that bad, i bought my supra and it need a fuel filter, tires, and a couple of other things, at least with a new engine you probably wont have to worry about things like BHG, rodnock and a wack of small wierd engine codes and such. every used car is going to need stuff fixed, little leaks and problems here and there are the norm

·
Registered
54 Posts
What did you kill on that handbrake, I wonder?

What kind of liquid are you erm, is your car leaking? oil? coolant? PS oil?

small patch of rust removed.
If it's on the rear end of the rear wheelhouse, be ready for some unfriendly surprises. They're more probable on the older ones, but who knows?
*Creating some FEAAAAAR!*
1986' Supra after 18 hard winters in Germany

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
i would take care of the mechanically crap first then to worry about a rust spot..and when you bought this car you should of know what you was putting your self into

·
supra crazzzy
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the rust is juts starting to bubble. as for leaking I found out that its leaking from the rad the gasket(or seal) is just a cheap square piece of plastic... so that an easy fix it just needs a new gasket for the drain plug. as for the rear end leaking i have no clue what the fuck is up with that, but im goign to c if i can get her up on a lift this week at my friends shop. the hand brake is my fuck up im used to my 88 where u had to pull it really hard and made sure it was up all the way then when i happened to do that on this one it broke thats my stubid habit.

damit and im poor after buying this thing...

·
supra crazzzy
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Boosting89 said:
i would take care of the mechanically crap first then to worry about a rust spot..and when you bought this car you should of know what you was putting your self into
yes i know supra are a mechniacla night mere... i guess its the sacrfice i have to make but man i can't stop smiling after driving it though. :bigthumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.