Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
...heading for 500+ RWHP
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need new rotors and pads on all four corners. I am thinking about going with power slot slotted rotors and axxis pads....what do you all think about these? But more importantly...how do you install them? From what I know... (1) (if abs equiped) pump brakes 20 or so times to the floor (2) jack car up and place porperly on stands (3) loosen lug nuts and remove wheel (4) unbolt two caliper bolts on back of caliper (5) remove caliper and suspend from car with wire ( remove rotor and slide on new one lined up with bottom bolt (6) remove pad hardware and remove pad (7) replance with new pad and reinstall hardware (8) install everything else in correct order

Am I missing anything????? Any advise would help!!!

Thanks,
Kris

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Firstly I wouldn't recommend the Axxis pads. Or the Powerslots for that matter. I had that combination on my car at one point and did not like it. I would go with actual Brembo rotors (not just Brembo cores) and the Hawk/Brembo pads. I think you would be impressed at the improved braking of the car with that setup.

To remove the brakes, you do everything you said, but you don't have to pump the brakes. That will only make them tighter on the rotor, thus making them more difficult to take off. You want them as decompressed as possible with as little pressure as you can have. That way the caliper comes off of the rotor easily and you can get them out easy too. Don't forget to make sure you have a good size C clamp to compress the piston on the caliper so that the new pads will clear the new rotors.

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,222 Posts
I'd say for pads try some RS4 Porterfields... AMAZING pads.

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,083 Posts
Also, on my stock rotors, they did not want to come off by hand. You can get a pulley puller for just over $10.00 at most auto parts stores. That's the proper way to remove them. Don't use a hammer.

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Rajunz said:
Also, on my stock rotors, they did not want to come off by hand. You can get a pulley puller for just over $10.00 at most auto parts stores. That's the proper way to remove them. Don't use a hammer.
not even a rubber mallet? :(

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
hawkeye said:
Personally I just threaded in a bolt into one of the holes near the lugs. Pops right off.
Had to do that with my sister's Corolla. Was going to mention it but I didn't know that the Supra had such a hole.

·
Canada, Eh?
2,397 Posts
i have powerslot rotors, they are ok... but would be better if i wasnt usin the shitty Raybestos pads...

F

·
0 Posts
What about the EBC pads? From what I've seen they are supposed to be pretty good.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I dunno if EBC pads are available for the Mk III-
I know they're out there for the Mk Iv's, though...
I have zinc plated, crossdrilled/ slotted rotors on mine, with Axxis all around, and I think that they're pretty good, but I really have nothing but stock to compare them to...

F

·
0 Posts
tirerack.com says they have EBC's for the mkiii. I've also seen them other places on the internet.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Hmm...
The Axxis pads bite nicely after they warm up, but you pay for it with lotsa dust. How much do Endless pads and EBC pads run for?

·
"DANNY TANNER!!!"
1,847 Posts
talking about rotors, which way do you guys find the easiest way to remove the rotors???

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
derK said:
talking about rotors, which way do you guys find the easiest way to remove the rotors???

did you not read the thread?

"Also, on my stock rotors, they did not want to come off by hand. You can get a pulley puller for just over $10.00 at most auto parts stores. That's the proper way to remove them. Don't use a hammer."

"Personally I just threaded in a bolt into one of the holes near the lugs. Pops right off."

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
I used EBC's on my BMW, and loved them, practiacaly no dust, and GREAT braking performance.! I need them for my mk3, then again i need a ton of other stuff too...:mad:

·
The Beginning
1,146 Posts
I have Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors, Carbon Pads, and Stainless Steel Brake Lines. My god did it make a difference, if someone pulls out in front of me and I have to break hard it feels like the car is going to do a front flip. Just so you don't think it is loose old suspension it does this with Eibach Springs and Tokico Struts in Sport mode. They brake hard I really recommend Brembo, saved my car a couple of times already from the asshole drivers down here.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts