Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to R&D dyno today and made some nitrous pull's, I was pretty happy with the result's. All where with 100 oct. fan's, and 11.5:1 a/f no ice. Temp. was 72 F. Shot was 50. And she put down 496RWHP AND 457RWTQ. This is up 80 HP. from best prev. number's.:)

·
Old School
4,014 Posts
Hey, I was pretty close when I guessed you'd hit 500 rwhp with the 50 shot. :)

Great numbers Mike! We need to hit LACR sometime in the near future.

What RPM did you spray at?

If you have the runs on a 3.5" floppy it would be cool if you could e-mail them to me, I have the Dynojet Runviewer software on my laptop.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank's Chip, We sprayed from 4,200 rpm, On auto's you have to get up to 80mph+ and then floor it or it will down shift.I didn't get it on floopy, just a print out We do need to get to the track soon, And see what our dyno queen's can do. j/k.:D

·
OG
754 Posts
what kind of boost did you run to pull those #'s?

i thought I read somewhere that you only run 15 psi + the 50 shot of NOS.

thats really impressive.

im trying out a very similar setup right now.

in fact, I just finished installing my NOS kit today and took it out for a test drive earlier tonight. It looks like I need to gap the plugs down. I've got the 6097's and they started misfiring like crazy at 16 psi with a 50 shot of NOS. I even had a 1/2 mix of 100 octane in there too. oh well...

we should meet up sometime. i just moved to riverside county too.

i'd like to check out your ~500 rwhp supra. :D

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's correct, 15 psi + 50 shot =21psi the nitrous bump's up the boost.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
deavenly1 said:
That's correct, 15 psi + 50 shot =21psi the nitrous bump's up the boost.
do you mean that the nitrous with 15psi is comparable with 21 psi, or do you mean that if you set your boost controller for 15 psi max, and run the nitrous, that you overboost to 21psi + you get the hp from the nitrous?

·
OG
754 Posts
billvp-

i think the boost spike depends on the car.

im running my car in ettc and it wont spike when I hit the button. when i was racing this weekend in palmdale all it would boost was 16 psi even on the nos. :mad:

maybe it was the altitude and air temp (70-75 degrees)

however, i think i have a bad pressure tank that is messing up my boost.

im gonna try replacing that and see if I can get more boost.

i want 21 psi + nos = my 11 second time slip :D

hey Mike-

where did you go towards the end of IDRC?
none of the alternates showed up so I ended up running the yellow skyline.

doesn't matter tho... he would have probably beat you too. he ran 10.9 against me.

im going out to carlsbad on saturday with a couple of 11 second 300zx's. wanna join us?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
maybe there's not enough fuel with the stock fuel system to support 21 psi + nitrous ???

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry, team toy, i just checked the forum (sun) i would have loved to run with you guy's. let me know when you go out again. Im gonna run in az. 16-17 IDRC. And i know i should have hung around that day, my friend called me 1/2 hr. after and said they just called us to the lane's.

·
OG
754 Posts
actually, we are headed out to fontana this saturday for some more drag racing.

one of our guys got banned from carlsbad for going 11's without a cage. they wont allow him back till he gets a cage so its off to fontana. i got robbed of 11's by running a 12.003 yesterday! basically, its all my fault because I lit up the tires pretty badly in 1st gear. only got a 2.19 sixty foot. so im gonna see if I can do better over at fontana. im on a mission to get my 11 second timeslip!

tech opens at 7am and racing starts at 9am.

more details are posted at www.californiaspeedway.com

hope you can make it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts