I just got these S2000 seats up here in Canada...anyone in MD/VA know of any
good upholstery shops ? I need my black leather in the rear to have the red
perforated leather of these seats....

Thanks,

B

·
It's all ball bearings...
889 Posts
Brian: I hate you :) but those look nice. I don't know any good leather shops for your needs, but let me know if you need any info on installing them. I just got my S2000 seats into the car a couple weeks ago, so I can take some pics if you need. Then again, I probably had it done wrong and I will get ejected from the car, but who needs secured seats anyway? Lookin' good though man!
Chris

·
Registered
282 Posts
always loved those seats.....good luck finding an upholsterer, i cant help u up there....

only downside with them is no slots for takata harnesses lol

·
OG SF Member #603
1,092 Posts
Brian,
My next door neighbor had his Corvette's seats recovered by a local shop. I can talk to him and get back to you.
Scott

·
Blue Thunder
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. Scott get back at me !!! I had fun BALLIN on the OH/PA turnpikes 2day !!!!!
Evo handed alot of people their asses !!! Wish i was in the Soup though....

Chris, I got a guy to put them in. Lemme know what ya did to put 'em in.
I'm guessing fab up new rear mounts ? The front should be close...right ?

·
Registered
275 Posts
I don't know if your willing to drive up to the Parkville area but I've used with great success (not on any of my Supras' though, no need) on many of my other cars with this little shop on Harford Rd. in Parkville called Ben's Auto Glass and Upholstery @ - 8316 Harford Rd - (410) 665-4500. They do really good work and usually have nice hot rods or antique cars there and some exotics every now and then. They aren't the cheapest but the work speaks for itself!

Joe

·
Guidando su due rotelle
1,908 Posts
Damn bro you need to stop buyin shit lol

I have a shop I know in Arlington who recovered some GN seats LMK if you need the 411

·
Blue Thunder
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Damn bro you need to stop buyin shit lol

I have a shop I know in Arlington who recovered some GN seats LMK if you need the 411
Yeah man...enlighten us !!!!

·
It's all ball bearings...
889 Posts
Brian: Yeah, the front brackets aren't off by that much width-wise, it's the rears that are way off length-wise. I will take some pics this weekend and post them. My setup may not be totally applicable to yours however. I didn't want to weaken the structural strength of the sliders by cutting them, so I had them welded onto the Wedge brackets I already had used with my Sparcos. I'll post some pics when I have them, those seats will look killer, you going to gold pearl them as well? :)
Chris

·
Blue Thunder
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Brian: Yeah, the front brackets aren't off by that much width-wise, it's the rears that are way off length-wise. I will take some pics this weekend and post them. My setup may not be totally applicable to yours however. I didn't want to weaken the structural strength of the sliders by cutting them, so I had them welded onto the Wedge brackets I already had used with my Sparcos. I'll post some pics when I have them, those seats will look killer, you going to gold pearl them as well? :)
Chris
Thanks for the info Chris. I'll prolly go the same route. My welder has steel stock on hand.
He'll make 'em fit !!!

And NO, I'm not gonna pearl the seats. Anywho, here's a teaser pic....

It's Ren Red under cloudy skies, and certain angles. But when the sun is right it looks like this...

A copper/burnt orange color. May not be to some people tastes, but there's 2 more RR soups
around here now , with RMM wings/Targa and I'm tryin' to b a lil bit diff. :D

·
Guidando su due rotelle
1,908 Posts
Ok i will get the info for you guys... i know where they are at but cant find the name for the life of me...

·
Annoyed SF Member
922 Posts
A good upholstery shop is in BelAir in Harford Co. Nice seats

Does this place have a name? I just got a disgusting quote to redo my rears so I am curious too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts