Supra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Supra Dead Head
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an idea we should get together and made a section for noobs lol. besides the faq,

But what i mean is a section that would have nothing but walk through's for simple stuff that the people dont know how to do or check. things like...

what to look for when buying, which should have its own thread. because we get alot of ...hey hows this supra look questions.

changing brakes/brake lines
changing plugs and wires
changing the fuel filter
checking resistance on anything
checking for codes, i know its been written up before.
head gasket

and pretty much just any basic installs . Iam trying to make it easier for people to get the help they need faster. So i figure if someone can took in this one section and find a complete list of things with instructions and step by step pictures.

It will cut down unless threads and stupid questions and it will hopefully get more people working on there own cars.

so iam just wondering if anyone would be interested in helping me get information and pictures together. and really if any one else would put the effort into making a section like this.

· Registered
657 Posts
If they're too fucking stupid to use a search button, why the hell would they look in a "special section"????

· Registered
265 Posts
If they're too fucking stupid to use a search button, why the hell would they look in a "special section"????
Honestly, it's tough to search and find information here because most posters don't know proper posting etiquette. I've noticed it worse here than ay other forum I've ever been on. The people here are awesome and very helpful, always willing to help out. However, you see posts with subjects like "for sale" in the for sale section - duh. Sometimes simply "help please" or "what do I do?." Thread subjects should be descriptive of what's contained.

I've searched many things which turn up a million threads that have non-descriptive titles and take forever to read 10 pages of posts to find it had nothing to do with what I needed. Most people don't have the patience for that, noobs or not.

· Registered
20 Posts
I've searched many things which turn up a million threads that have non-descriptive titles and take forever to read 10 pages of posts to find it had nothing to do with what I needed. Most people don't have the patience for that, noobs or not.
This is truth right here. However, seasoned vets of this site don't understand that. So when a new member like myself asks a question that we can't find the answer to on this site, or through google, we are branded as retards or dumbasses, which is unfair and quite immature.

I personally would benefit from a step by step thread on how to remove, install, monitor, or maintain certain aspects of the vehicle.

· 91TT comin up, 01 s2k
2,977 Posts
I do have to agree here. The search function will turn out many unuseful threads because the search function will show thread that use the words or topic that is use. A lot of the time the thread has nothing to do with a person's search but shows it because of a single word. A waste of time in my book......just my opinion.......

Honestly, it's tough to search and find information here because most posters don't know proper posting etiquette. I've noticed it worse here than ay other forum I've ever been on. The people here are awesome and very helpful, always willing to help out. However, you see posts with subjects like "for sale" in the for sale section - duh. Sometimes simply "help please" or "what do I do?." Thread subjects should be descriptive of what's contained.

· Registered
6,774 Posts
^Mostly because most of us who know what we are doing rarely start threads. It's ridiculous in the MKIII forum anymore, name calling, fighting, retarded threads and retarded noobs and trolls. I've quit posting on here so much just cause of the bullshit. My two cents is SF could use a coupld more mods to regulate this section more and lock thread before the get out of hand.

It really is becoming a lot like an inner-city public school in here.

· Registered
229 Posts
^Mostly because most of us who know what we are doing rarely start threads. It's ridiculous in the MKIII forum anymore, name calling, fighting, retarded threads and retarded noobs and trolls. I've quit posting on here so much just cause of the bullshit. My two cents is SF could use a coupld more mods to regulate this section more and lock thread before the get out of hand.

It really is becoming a lot like an inner-city public school in here.
lol there should be a rule to were if u dont have something constructive to say not to say it, most of the threads are full of degree calling people names

· Registered
265 Posts
I'm a Supra noob, but I try not to ask totally ridiculous questions. I do search, and often times find interesting information I wasn't looking for before I find what I was looking for. When I post, I'm sure I ask questions which have been asked 1000 times before. Oddly, I've never been roasted by Degree or anyone else for it. So, no complaints here personally.

Regarding the OP, as someone who does actually look for information before asking, I think it's a good idea. Many of the early posts contain links to other sites that are dead so they're not very useful. It'd be great to post the information in the thread, rather than a useless broken link to information that no longer exists. I think it would help me, and if it would help me than I'm sure it would help others as well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.