Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have been designing and putting together my custom supra for about 2 weeks.

-7 inch touch screen flush mounted in to replace that shitty factory deck!
-Trunk cleared (spare tire SOLD, who needs it)
-Car Custom PC Installed (wish I had a AEM to plug into this system)
-Amp and 700w 4way 6x9's (YES 6x9 that are 700watts)
-I like sound better than Bass, although our shop holds the top records for DB BASS OFF's

Best of all, nothing outstanding crazy was done to harm the stock style and my TARGA FITS, oohhh yeah!!!!!!!!!

Tell me what you guys/gals think?

AHMED
Trini Auto Customs

·
Actual Member Since 2003
3,204 Posts
nice, i like the toyota sign in the middle of the screen. It would have been way better if it had the supra insignia but still looks sweet.

·
A right, not a privilege
3,421 Posts
700 watt 6x9's?? More details please.

·
Premium Member
7,335 Posts
Any more pics of the Supra logo on the hatch? Also, this whole PC thing, how customized was it? Is that a Toyota OEM unit or did you design it with the logo in the center. What all does it DO???

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks....

The logo is OEM logo bought from Elmhurst Toyota... I'll take some more shots after I clean it up (it's been shitty in Chi)

7" T/S is nice, I didn't do any of the programming but it's available online for a few buck if not free. XP runs in the background... As far as the PC build and custom cutting and design, it was all me!!!

700w 6x9 - I have to finish tunning them (i have a RF 500w RMS amp going to them) My friend owns a audio shop and he picked them - don't even know what brand but they're 4way with a blue light built in them....

NICE!!!!!!

:ugh2:
:bigthumb:

·
Greddy T78
393 Posts
DR Supra Turbo said:
hehe YEAH!

HOT VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I bet its the XXX Version :bigthumb:
Have same in my car, the video.
On my Kenwood DDX-7015

Nice Setup

·
TuneLord
578 Posts
JzPower&Associates said:
nice, i like the toyota sign in the middle of the screen. It would have been way better if it had the supra insignia but still looks sweet.

u know i actually agree, love the toyota sign in the screen

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hey cool, I didn't think I'd see any other carPCs on here. You mind sharing details? I'm finishing up my build right now with a Shuttle XPC running off a Sempron 2800+. Are you powering off a DC-DC psu or an inverter? Any reasons why you went with MediaCar over the more popular programs like RoadRunner or Centrafuse? Im still playing around with all of the front-ends I've found but none have really fit the bill yet.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm on the north side where 90 and 94 split, not that far from O'hare I guess. If your in Downers Grove for work you probably know about Fry's Electronics, check out their weekly specials, alot of times the prices on some items they have are even better than internet retailers...sent you a PM btw

·
Who's the Master?!
4,073 Posts
jeremyhelling said:
700 watt 6x9's?? More details please.
Stay away!! 6x9s are the worst for reproducing accurate sound. If you want something that sound nice, look into a set of Rainbow components.

DR: I'm honestly surprised that your friend picked out a set of 6x9s for the reason I stated earlier. Nice setup otherwise though. I def like the Toyota symbol on the display.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts