Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I just finished installing my single setup, here's what's on the car and how it performed.

New Single Setup
Arnout cast log manifold
PT61mm Turbo (soon to be swapped out with PT6265)
Tial WG - 16 psi (runs 18.0 psi when I open exhaust cutout)
HKS FMIC w ssqv3 BOV
Protorque 3200 Stall (stalls around 3400 edit:3600)
BCC of course
No fuel compensation, straight off MAF

Bone Stock Engine and Heads

60' 1.75s
1/8 7.68s
MPH 95.74
18 psi

Previous best with GT28R twins
'60 1.76s (launched at 5 psi, never hooked up at 14 psi but would've helped)
1/8 7.84
MPH 89.8
18 psi

So I'm feeling pretty good about mid 7's with the new setup, it definitely drives differently in the burnout/launch category but I felt like my shifts were a little slower than normal. Didn't try manual shifting this time, but it did seem to help manually shifting with previous setup.

On the launch, I really had to push it hard to stall up, when I finally cut the 1.75 I stalled up to about 2800, then when the guy beside me staged I put it to the floor through the lights and let her rip. Used the EBrake + Footbrake method to launch.

Soon I'll be swapping the 6265 from my sc300 over to the supra to give it another try. I've got big plans this year so my goal is a high 6 ET, but that's after my fuel, aemv1tune, and BL tranny are installed. Have 90% of the parts ready, but wanted to test my single setup first and do this one step at a time.

Video - with a little cheering from the gf when the I crossed the line

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=/&gl=US#/watch?v=qUqdAXpCSV8

·
Boost Junkie
12,800 Posts
Nice job. A better 60ft would get you in the low 7s. 7.3-7.4 or so. You may need to restall your converter though once you step up in turbo size or it will be difficult to get a good launch.

Steve

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
Very nice! I wish my stall was looser :(

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice job. A better 60ft would get you in the low 7s. 7.3-7.4 or so. You may need to restall your converter though once you step up in turbo size or it will be difficult to get a good launch.

Steve
I'm hoping the billet pt6265 will act like a smaller turbo than the cast pt61 so my launch should be a little easier with it. I'd be very happy to get 7.5 or lower still running stock fuel/maf. My afr's were good with the pt61 so I may make a run with race gas and add a little more boost, if I reset the ecu (after adding race gas) the timing should advance some and help build boost at the line too. Just depends on when I decide to swap out the turbos I guess.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys.

Anyone else having video problems? I posted it from my iphone an it'll let me view it there. Try searching for it if it doesn't come up, the title is '95 supra pt61 single turbo - first track appearance'

·
Registered
358 Posts
Thats a great time and trap for a pt61 and 16-18psi, should easily be a 11 sec car.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got the billet 6265 on today, new personal record, best launch yet on my 2nd pass.

60'. 1.58
1/8 7.48
Mph 95.9

·
Registered
358 Posts
So it looks like the 6265 performed almost identical to the t61, you just got out of the whole perfect and had a great launch. What was the boost set at? Any noticeable difference in power? spool?

·
Boost Junkie
12,800 Posts
So it looks like the 6265 performed almost identical to the t61, you just got out of the whole perfect and had a great launch. What was the boost set at? Any noticeable difference in power? spool?
Power and spool look identical. The 6265 will shine when he turns up the boost. They really like 25+psi. I suspect with a fuel system and standalone this car will run high 9s with a good 60ft.

Steve

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There's a few unmentioned variables that really put the 6265 ahead.

1.) I hadn't planned on going to the track, my gas tank was FULL, with the 61 it was about 1/8 full.
2.) My best run with the 61 was after sitting a couple hours to cool down, the 6265 I ran about 20 minutes between passes
3.)My worst 60' with the 6265 was 1.77 while my best with the 61 was 1.75

For the most part I was just getting off the line better. The boost did change though, my 16 psi wastegate was opening at 14 psi so I hooked up my EBC before I got to the track and did a few interstate pulls to get it back to 16, one pull with the exhaust open and I was at about 18.3 psi in 3rd.

I only made 3 passes, but my 3rd pass surprised me - [email protected], the only time I've ever trapped beyond 95, needless to say I'm more than happy with the performance considering I had an extra 100lbs of gas!

·
IG UPDATES @ #BADMTHRFUKR
1,936 Posts
Congrats Man..Keep It up :)

·
Registered
9,873 Posts
good to see you making progress, im still dissapointed you didnt stick with the hybrids though. What was the DA up there, it had to be astronomical!

·
Registered
358 Posts
There's a few unmentioned variables that really put the 6265 ahead.

1.) I hadn't planned on going to the track, my gas tank was FULL, with the 61 it was about 1/8 full.
2.) My best run with the 61 was after sitting a couple hours to cool down, the 6265 I ran about 20 minutes between passes
3.)My worst 60' with the 6265 was 1.77 while my best with the 61 was 1.75

For the most part I was just getting off the line better. The boost did change though, my 16 psi wastegate was opening at 14 psi so I hooked up my EBC before I got to the track and did a few interstate pulls to get it back to 16, one pull with the exhaust open and I was at about 18.3 psi in 3rd.

I only made 3 passes, but my 3rd pass surprised me - [email protected], the only time I've ever trapped beyond 95, needless to say I'm more than happy with the performance considering I had an extra 100lbs of gas!
I bet the 97mph slip was a slower 60ft, that really shows how much power it's making. Judging from other peoples slips on here I'd be willing to bet your in the 500whp range. Crank that boost up with fuel mods and you'll easily trap 100mph+! Do you have any wishes that you went with the 6765? Or is the 6265 perfect for what you wanted?

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
good to see you making progress, im still dissapointed you didnt stick with the hybrids though. What was the DA up there, it had to be astronomical!
Hybrids were nice, but as most people it came down to HP per $ and the single came out ahead. I can already tell I miss the low end torque of the twins but that's a small sacrifice for the powerband coming in so much sooner with the single.

I ran the DA numbers and came up with 2877 FT at 10 pm when I was running! I didn't realize even then it was over 80F.

I bet the 97mph slip was a slower 60ft, that really shows how much power it's making. Judging from other peoples slips on here I'd be willing to bet your in the 500whp range. Crank that boost up with fuel mods and you'll easily trap 100mph+! Do you have any wishes that you went with the 6765? Or is the 6265 perfect for what you wanted?
Well I didn't exactly pick the 6265, it kind of came to me when I bought my 93sc300 from TurboLex on here. It spooled ridiculously fast on the sc300 but it was a W58 5spd with an auto rear end so it was geared really high, it does seem to spool a little slower with the smaller gears in the auto tranny, also the stall is still a little loose in the low 3000 rpm range so it doesn't build as much boost until higher rpm for that reason also.

As for the 6765 I'll most likely upgrade in the next year or two just because searching for more power becomes addictive. But once I get the fuel/ecu/tranny upgraded I'll have a better idea of what to do. I plan on keeping the supra a LONG time so no rush on a decision yet.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Congrats Man..Keep It up :)
Thanks Daniel. Guess you can see why I missed the show last Saturday. I haven't seen any posts on it, did you go??

·
Boost Junkie
12,800 Posts
Hybrids were nice, but as most people it came down to HP per $ and the single came out ahead. I can already tell I miss the low end torque of the twins but that's a small sacrifice for the powerband coming in so much sooner with the single.

I ran the DA numbers and came up with 2877 FT at 10 pm when I was running! I didn't realize even then it was over 80F.

Well I didn't exactly pick the 6265, it kind of came to me when I bought my 93sc300 from TurboLex on here. It spooled ridiculously fast on the sc300 but it was a W58 5spd with an auto rear end so it was geared really high, it does seem to spool a little slower with the smaller gears in the auto tranny, also the stall is still a little loose in the low 3000 rpm range so it doesn't build as much boost until higher rpm for that reason also.

As for the 6765 I'll most likely upgrade in the next year or two just because searching for more power becomes addictive. But once I get the fuel/ecu/tranny upgraded I'll have a better idea of what to do. I plan on keeping the supra a LONG time so no rush on a decision yet.
The 6265 is a great turbo and is 9 second capable. If you don't like the spool look into the SP Quick Spool Valve as it will ramp it up a lot quicker and with your converter that would be a good thing. Your 60ft time will drop as long as you have traction as well due to the increase in low end torque.

Steve

·
Registered
9,873 Posts
To get a 60 in the mid 1.5's is pretty good. Once you truly learn the setup and how to stage the car 100% it will most likely dip into the 1.4 range....the car will only 60 as good as the tires/track will hold, good luck on improving. That setup should be able to go 6's on pump.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I've seen that the 6265 can run 9's from the sc300 on here (93twntrbo) but he was using E85 and an NA Engine with 2JZGTE heads so he also had higher compression and 30 PSI of boost. Not to mention he was launching off the transbrake with a th350 or th400. That's a lot of factors I'll have to overcome to get my BL Auto and 2jzgte engine in to the same territory. Of course there's still the option of the QSV to help boost off the line!

Learning my stall will help a lot, but it doesn't seem to act consistently. Sometimes it catches around 3500 and sometimes it will go a little closer to 3800. When I went 1.58" I had 12 psi on launch and at about 3700 rpms. I've only launched it about 5 times with the single turbos so it'll take some more seat time to get used to.

Video of 7.63 @ 97.7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6v47EHgReM

1 - 20 of 115 Posts