Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
www.mvpmotorsportssucks.com

Seems to throw up some questions about MVP motorsports, and personally I have had a problem with them in getting a bad product and dusty wanting me to send it back to HKS when it came bad from him. I know dusty has done alot for the supra world, but the question is if the only reason he does it is to make a profit???

Chris

·
BPU is so 1997
5,353 Posts
No comment.

I still have a set of Goodridge SS brake lines that were sent to me that don't even fit a Supra, over a year later, they still sit since he said he would take care of it. The line weren't even in the plastic packaging, they were just thrown in a brown box and shipped to me. I consider it a $100 loss and not have to deal with him again.

Every shop is out there to make a profit, it isn't a charity deal. Dusty just chose to capitalize on the small market by purchasing the forum off Warren. I don't think he has the time to contribute on technical issues, his posts are about sales, directly, or indirectly.

Hypothetically speaking, would I pay $5k for a forum if I knew I could make double that in return in a short time? You bet I would.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I think all companies are out to make a profit. Of course Dusty loves the cars, but like us all, he has house and car payments, so he's obviously out to make money. I wouldn't work for free, would you? SF.com is an absolute tome of information, rivaled only by MkIV.com, so he should make some profit for creating something so great.

I'm sure all the stores make mistakes. Personnally, all my transactions with Dusty have been flawless. I've had problems with HPF, Titan and especially Suprastore, and I'm sure MVP has had it's fair share of problems as well.

·
BPU is so 1997
5,353 Posts
Greg Bielawski said:
I think all companies are out to make a profit. Of course Dusty loves the cars, but like us all, he has house and car payments, so he's obviously out to make money. I wouldn't work for free, would you? SF.com is an absolute tome of information, rivaled only by MkIV.com, so he should make some profit for creating something so great.

Just FYI, Dusty did not create Supraforums. He outright bought it from Warren as a marketing tool.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Well i am convinced, I wont be buying anything from a guy who runs his buisness like that. thats just shady. wonder how long till this thread is locked...........

·
Banned
1,979 Posts
I've had several Dealings with Dusty. I haven't had any issues with shipping or the condition of my products. MVP charges a little more than other online stores but I will say its worth it when you get your package on time.. unlike the suprastore:eek:

·
Under Construction
761 Posts
Dusty has always taken the time to respond to any questions I have had. Hell, he even got back to me when I left a phone message for him. How many shops do that?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No questions he is intrested in selling stuff, but the question is how is everything handeled after there is problems with a sale?

Chris

·
Premium Member
4,972 Posts
Every shop is run by human beings who aren't perfect.

From reading throught that site, there are less that a half dozen people who have had problems with MVP. Some of them seeming potentially legitimate, and some seeming miniscule. The rest of the posts/posters seem to be people who just like reading their own typed words.

The hypocritical thing about that site is that there is a lot of complaining about sensorship on SF, yet they've deleted posts of anyone drawing question of the accusations or defending MVP.

<bullshit removed>
Any "problems" (damage/delays in shipping) I've ever had when buying parts from MVP (as well as most problems I've heard from others) were generally manufacturer related, and out of MVP's controll. And all of which, Dusty's gone out of his way to fix resolve ASAP.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think my problem took about 4 months from start to finish. Is that ASAP? The only reason I got anything done is becuase I made a threat.

Chris

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
BalticSupraTT said:
I think my problem took about 4 months from start to finish. Is that ASAP? The only reason I got anything done is becuase I made a threat.

Chris
Chris,

To my knowledge you & I resolved our differences. If I remember correctly you've even purchased from MVP since our issue. I did not resolve your issue b\c of any threat you made as your thread to call the IRS and get me audited was plain funny. I resolved it so we could move on, it was worth meeting you in the middle b\c of all the time we both had in it and I just wanted to put it behind us. I still to do this day disagree with you on our issue, but I have moved on as that was a long time ago and again, I thought everything was resolved to "mutual satisfaction".

Furthermore, I don't ban people or lock threads about MVP, I *never have done that a single time nor has anyone else to my knowledge.* MVP nor myself is perfect, we make mistakes. When I make a mistake I do my best to get on it & get it resolved to my customer's satisfaction. There are a couple of negative comments on SupraForums about MVP, I never touch them, I simply respond to them. If you read these negative comments you'll see I responded & handled them in every single instance.

We do immediately ban and lock threads for people that personally attacks others or advertise without permission. We have never banned someone for saying something about MVP.

Regards,

Dusty

·
I CAN HAS WELFARE
3,413 Posts
I must admit Dusty and I had some dissagreements when a few of us got some bad clutches, but It was resolved in a very polite way and I have purchased from him without having any problems. People shhould understand that all buisnesses make mistakes and some people take them in different ways, they either raise all hell or they stay calm and patient and let things work out. The way I look at it is that Dusty is too well known to screw someout out of something so I have trust.

My.02

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
Like RSA Supra said, there is only a handful of people on that website that have posted anything specific about their dealings here. I am individually aware of each one of their issues and as with everything else, there are 2 sides to every story. If someone wishes to believe everything they read on the website, then by all means that is their right. But if you consider how most of it is written and the language used, I believe most people can easily see past it. For every customer I've ever truly upset, I have hundreds upon hundreds of happy ones. Public posts here on SupraForums as well as LOTS of other forums (MR2 boards, 3si, twinturbo.net, s2ki, clublexus, is300, 300zxforums, zilvia, NICO, etc etc etc) speak for the typical experience at MVP.

Sure I've made mistakes as a person and as a company, but I don't screw my customers. I don't think MVP would have the reputation and client base it has if any of that were true. Every one of the stories on that website has a complete opposite story to go with it from my view. Again, there are 2 rather different sides to every story.

My goal is to work here at MVP for as many years as I possibly can. MVP is my job, my career, my hobby, my life. I've lost multiple girlfriends over my work ethic...those of you that know me know I'm still at work on AIM and answering emails at 3am and I'm back at 9 the next morning doing it all over again (on a Sunday even). I do it because I love it and because I want to continue doing this for a long time. Obviously screwing people over is not conducive to my long term goals. :)

Anytime anyone has an issue with MVP I encourage them to contact me directly so we can get it taken care of immediately. I'm not perfect and I never will be but I will continue to work to make MVP the very best online performance shop on this earth.

I apologize for this rather personal post, but I take this stuff personally. MVP is my wife & my kids if you know what I mean...

Regards,

Dusty

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Yea, but with these complaints, it kinda puts MVP in question... me, being a college student, can not afford to not get my part on time, or not at all. i plan to rebuild my engine this christmas break, which gives me only 1 month to do it. in other words, i need parts there on time. although i applaud what you are doing for MK3's (and you have done A LOT!) the threat of not haveing my Supra running when school starts back up, is too much of a risk. Sorry MVP, but i am going to have to order from HPF and other places....

·
I CAN HAS WELFARE
3,413 Posts
Ckanderson said:
Yea, but with these complaints, it kinda puts MVP in question... me, being a college student, can not afford to not get my part on time, or not at all. i plan to rebuild my engine this christmas break, which gives me only 1 month to do it. in other words, i need parts there on time. although i applaud what you are doing for MK3's (and you have done A LOT!) the threat of not haveing my Supra running when school starts back up, is too much of a risk. Sorry MVP, but i am going to have to order from HPF and other places....
Do some more researching than what you read on the other site. You might want to re-think what you do! I spent almost 12k with an AZ company but that was just to save in Tax. If I wasnt good friends with the person in AZ I would have spent my 12k with MVP and wouldnt have thought twice, Dusty has always taken care of me and if you read my previous post he has worked out the problems(if I had any).

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
Ckanderson said:
I understand what you're saying, and the decision is certainly yours. Honestly I think you should look beyond what half a dozen people have said I've *allegedly* done wrong in the last 4 years. Don't ignore the hundreds upon hundreds of happy MVP customers that post on here and all the other forums I named. No company is perfect...I'm sure soon enough there will be a suprastoreblows or hpfisstupid.com...will you believe everything written on there too?

Trent here does nothing but talk to MK3 owners all day long, he spends 48 hours a week working for you guys making sure you get parts on time for the right deal. Take a look at the feedback he's received in this same Shop Review Forum. Trent does some awesome work for us!

Regards,

Dusty

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
Hi-Psi said:
Do some more researching than what you read on the other site. You might want to re-think what you do! I spent almost 12k with an AZ company but that was just to save in Tax. If I wasnt good friends with the person in AZ I would have spent my 12k with MVP and wouldnt have thought twice, Dusty has always taken care of me and if you read my previous post he has worked out the problems(if I had any).
Thanks Kyle, I appreciate your comments.

BTW, I like your signature quote. :)

Dusty

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Because Ckanderson has a MKIII and Dusty mentioned my name, I'd like to throw a little bit in here too. :)

I would first take Dusty's advice and look around a bit more and see what people on these forums as well as others have had to say about myself personally and MVP as a company. If and when you order from us, you will be dealing directly with me and me only as that is all I do all week. Look at our customer testimonials section on our site too and you will see what plenty of people have to say about us. You are of course free to do what you wish and there are plenty of great companies out there, but please don't base your decision on what only a small handful of people have said.

I, like Dusty, do this as my job, my carer, my life. I have myself and my car. That's all I have to my name. I devote as much time as I can and as much time that is needed to these cars day in and day out. Then when I get home I am right back on here and on AIM helping people out further. How many other shops can you reach at 3am with problems or questions about your order?

Like Dusty said, this job is my wife and kids, so I do take it personally.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts