Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Noise ≠ Power...
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I just picked up a set of Unorthodox Racing Ultra SS Underdrive Pulleys and I can't seem to find the note I wrote to myself detailing what size belt I now need? Can you guys help me out? :scratch:

B

·
0 Posts
If I were you I wouldnt bother with using the under drive pulley as it doesnt supply any form of dampening for the motor. In addition if you go with a lightened flywheel your asking for alot of trouble. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
he may have the kit that has the accesories underdriven...

·
Noise ≠ Power...
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
While I appreciate the concern, BlankMan, Poodles is right- I have the full underdrive kit so I'm not as worried. I'm also using the underdrive water pump, power steering, and alternator that go along with it. Oh, and fyi- its kinda hard to bolt a flywheel into an auto but if you can solve that one for me, lemme know! :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
10,090 Posts
If you have the U.R. crank pulley you can use Gates K060747.

It says this on my website in the U.R. pulley set description...

Regards,

Dusty

·
Noise ≠ Power...
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's with the FULL SET of underdrive pulleys, right?

·
Premium Member
10,090 Posts
All that matters is the crank pulley. If you have the UR crank pulley you need part # K060747 from Gates.

If you have a stock crank pulley you use a stock belt or Power Enterprise kevlar belt.

The U.R., Greddy, Boost Logic, TTC, etc. "other pulleys" (power steering, water pump, idler, etc.) are all stock size so it does not matter.

It says all this on my website in the U.R. pulley description, it has for years, I typed it myself so I know its there... :)

Regards,

Dusty

·
Noise ≠ Power...
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol ok ok thanks! Just makin sure! :bigthumb: Now that's cleared up, do you carry those, and if so, how much with shipping to 21742?

·
Premium Member
10,090 Posts
You can get a Gates belt for about $26-$30 at your local auto parts store. I charge $40 because its not very convenient for me to go get one. I mainly carry them for my international customers who do not have access to auto parts like we do. For my USA customers I tell them its better just to buy it local. Your parts store will have it in stock for less than I will sell it to you for.

Regards,

Dusty

·
Noise ≠ Power...
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol ok :doh:

·
Noise ≠ Power...
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, got my belt- thanks a lot! But you coulda warned me it's like $400 to have the damn things put on lol! Oh well, time to save up money for the fan delete and upgraded radiator I guess!

·
Premium Member
10,090 Posts
ChizWizz47 said:
Ok, got my belt- thanks a lot! But you coulda warned me it's like $400 to have the damn things put on lol! Oh well, time to save up money for the fan delete and upgraded radiator I guess!

LOL. You could have asked, or told me you weren't doing the work yourself. :) Labor is a raping sometimes...

Dusty

·
Noise ≠ Power...
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Blarrg... :faint:

·
Premium Member
10,090 Posts
Hey Dusty,

Which Power Enterprise belt do you use with the ATI damper????
I know for stock size dampers is VB-6PK-1940, but the ATI is a little bigger,... right???

Please let me know,

tia

There's not a P.E. belt that fits the ATI damper. For the ATI use the Gates belt, part # K060775.

Thanks,

Dusty

·
Registered
223 Posts
thanks Dusty,

I will go with that.
I just read though that some people are using PE belt #6PK1970 with their ATI damper.

Just wondering what you guys think about this.

thxs,

·
Premium Member
10,090 Posts
thanks Dusty,

I will go with that.
I just read though that some people are using PE belt #6PK1970 with their ATI damper.

Just wondering what you guys think about this.

thxs,

Well, that's for a different car. I haven't used/tried it myself and I can not confirm it will fit. But if the length/width is right and people here have tried it and say it fits, then I guess we can go by that. I just can't guarantee fitment or tell you that I know it does fit. Interesting though, I'll give it a shot next time we have an ATI install here.

Thanks,

Dusty

1 - 17 of 17 Posts