Supra Forums banner
21 - 40 of 192 Posts
606 Posts
why didnt you try to take a pic on the inside?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Cool find!

As for the styling, the shape is not bade, but it looks a bit rough in regards to some details (not terrible, it has a bit of an edge that I like, but looks a lot less refined than a Porche, M3, or even the old RX-7 imho).

For 80K I think most people in the States would want Infiniti level service.

·
GT-R guy
490 Posts
I had heard there was a prototype in the US. As far as sales of a $70,000 Nissan in the US, time will tell.

3.8 liter, twin turbo, 7 speed transaxle. Some of the prototypes are supposedly rolling around at more than 500hp.

·
Registered
17,677 Posts
According to Road & Track (I think it was them) rumor has it the car has a lot of potential left for tuners because Nissan knows people will modify these cars.

Hopefully the fix the train wreck C pillar and front end before they release the car.

·
I'm ill, not sick
393 Posts
I only have one complaint. The blacked out a pillar bugs me. In the pics it looks like the roof is gonna peel back. Cars always look different in person though.

Patiently waiting...

·
Registered
529 Posts
heres an update...http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=12&article_id=4650

Photos of a masked Nissan GT-R lapping the Nürburgring last fall received more hits on the Internet than Miss USA did after a night out on the town. The reason: Despite its expected price tag of about $70,000, the GT-R will be the most alluring Japanese sports machine to come our way since the Acura NSX in the mid-1990s. Previously sold only in Japan, the GT-R (Skyline GT-R as it was formerly known) has been an icon to boy racers and aftermarket tuners alike since the R32 appeared in 1989. The upcoming version, which will hit dealer showrooms in late 2007 or early 2008, will be the first model marketed worldwide, thus the first official version available in the U.S. Nissan has remained mum regarding this sixth-generation model, but we have discovered some interesting new tidbits about the car. Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn confirmed that the GT-R will be built in Japan. The chassis will be assembled in the company's Tochigi factory while the powerplant will be produced at its Yokohama engine plant. The official logo for the car has also been released. As for the performance of the GT machine, here's what we know so far.
Power will come from a 3.7-liter version of Nissan's VQ powerplant. A pair of turbochargers will help it produce about 450 bhp and 360 lb.-ft. of torque. Because longtime fans of the GT-R are accustomed to more output via aftermarket tuning, Nissan has seemingly left some room on the table for buyers wanting to increase the power of their GT-Rs.
Stock boost pressure will be limited to about 10 psi, but we hear that the engine is capable of handling a lot more. A tamer version of this V-6, codenamed VQ37HR-TT, will make its way into the upcoming Infiniti G35 Coupe. Key differences between the engines are that the GT-R's VQ will have the twin turbo*chargers, lighter pistons and connecting rods, as well as a beefed-up crankshaft. Other custom parts may make their way into the engine, including racing profile camshafts and new valvetrain. It will come mated to a Getrag 6-speed transmission or a paddle-shift sequential automatic with seven or eight gears.
The GT-R will have awesome stopping power, especially if it wears the same brakes spotted during testing at the Ring. Gold-colored Brembo calipers sparkled in the sun as the GT-R attacked the famed Nordschleife. Upon closer inspection, the fronts appeared to be 6-pot calipers. As for the car's handling, we're pretty sure that it will be all-wheel drive, with a new version of Nissan's ATTESA system. For the record, the car had little trouble negotiating the Carousel at more than 110 mph. Its lap times were reported to be around 8 minutes flat, quite impressive for a test mule on a somewhat crowded track. Could it match or eclipse the Porsche 911 Turbo's time in the 7-minute-40-second range in an all-out effort? The answer awaits us in just a few months. — SM

·
Registered
17,677 Posts
We may well be amazed by the potential of the car. I'm hoping the car is as underrated and has as much potential as the Supra on the stock components. A "BPU" GTR making 600+ HP would be awesome! If this is the case I would definitely consider getting one despite the fact that I'm not a fan of the looks of the car (this may change before it gets released anyway).

I see car but I don't see "amazing".

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,402 Posts
3.7L TT w/ 450hp? I'd drive it. Bolt up some exhaust, IC, boost controller, and call it a day.

What now, Toyota?

·
Listen to my hands...
323 Posts
We may well be amazed by the potential of the car. I'm hoping the car is as underrated and has as much potential as the Supra on the stock components. A "BPU" GTR making 600+ HP would be awesome! If this is the case I would definitely consider getting one despite the fact that I'm not a fan of the looks of the car (this may change before it gets released anyway).

Hey Guilly. I asked this question on the first page: Do you have any idea what the projected curb weight of the car is?

If it's built to compete with the Vipers/ZO6s...etc. I would assume/speculate it would come in around 3000=3100lbs.

I have searched, but the best thing I could find is that they're using materials to save weight, no mention of a target though.

Scott

Peace

21 - 40 of 192 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.