Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just picked up spa's newly redesigned 2jzge cast turbo manifold. It came in today and i got some pics and some feedback for anyone who may be interested. So spa says this will clear the dizzy which doesn't matter for me as I am building a vvti head. The piece looks well made not too much garbage in the runners but I did end up doing some minor cleaning of the wastegate tube and a teeny bit inside the collector. Looks like only 2 short studs or bolts will be needed for the lower mounting points. Biggest gripe that may be an issue for some is how close the compressor housing sits to the #1 runner re clocking the compressor housing should help but I did not try it yet. I have a pte 6266 and I mounted it and the comp. Housing damn near rides on the #1 runner. My work around was using a 3/4 " stainless spacer on the turbine inlet I used on my SPF1 manifold (its forsale btw. Its for a 1jz) waste gate flange is for a tial mvr or similar pte 44mm gate iirc T4 flange fully divided manifold. i will be paring this with their newly designed GE ffim and hopefully some tomei or hks 264's i already have springs/retainers 20181025_172218.jpg
20181025_172203.jpg 20181025_160504.jpg 20181025_160452.jpg 20181025_160429.jpg

·
7M Fanatic
3,266 Posts
Have it ceramic coated, as well as the compressor housing, and that will take care of any radiant heat transfer, more than just spacing it out another half inch.

Before you do, go after the out side with a 4" angle grinder, and a flap disk, and smooth all their rather coarse grind marks out, plus any casting flaws.
It will look a lot better.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Whats up any updates on the manifold?
How does it perform?
Any other issues to be aware of?
Would you recommend buying one to others?
Any pics of it in the engine bay?

thanks

·
From the land down under
4,112 Posts
Haha the curse of the forum eh...

Maybe the powers that be, could change some settings at the back end, to prompt thread starters to come back from time to time, to update the community about their mods lol

·
Registered
52 Posts
Here is a post that I did if anyone is interested. If you have questions let me know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts