Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've decided to finally buy a MKIII for a DD, but i have a few questions:

(I have done quite a few searches, but haven't found exactly what i'm looking for.)

1# I've decided to put the rest of my previous system in the car. This is a 12" MTX 7500, 2 amps, an XM receiver, Infinity 6.5 component set, and Infinity 6x9's.
Have i lost my mind, or can get these to fit in the door and in the back without boxes thrown in the hatch area. (excluding the sub) With the Sub, what are some good ideas so i don't lose the targa storage area. I'm in FL, and that thing is out more than in! pics welcome!

#2 Lower control arm bushings, where can i get these?

#3 The blower has no low or med speed, high only. Is this the blower resistor? The other day, the med worked for about 10 secs, then quit. I'd really like to get this fixed.

#4 Where can I find a Factory Service Manual for a 1988?

#5 Anyone have wheels and tires for sale? Supra or otherwise? (i personally dislike the sawblades)

#6 Anyone have seat belt hoops in gray? Both mine are broken. Also a coin door for the console. I have been scouring ebay.

Thanks so much for you help, i love this car for a DD, and then later i will probably get another and do a 2jz swap, or do it to this one, who knows.

·
It's only the beginning..
690 Posts
blown408 said:
Hi all,

I've decided to finally buy a MKIII for a DD, but i have a few questions:

(I have done quite a few searches, but haven't found exactly what i'm looking for.)

1# I've decided to put the rest of my previous system in the car. This is a 12" MTX 7500, 2 amps, an XM receiver, Infinity 6.5 component set, and Infinity 6x9's.
Have i lost my mind, or can get these to fit in the door and in the back without boxes thrown in the hatch area. (excluding the sub) With the Sub, what are some good ideas so i don't lose the targa storage area. I'm in FL, and that thing is out more than in! pics welcome!

#2 Lower control arm bushings, where can i get these?

#3 The blower has no low or med speed, high only. Is this the blower resistor? The other day, the med worked for about 10 secs, then quit. I'd really like to get this fixed.

#4 Where can I find a Factory Service Manual for a 1988?

#5 Anyone have wheels and tires for sale? Supra or otherwise? (i personally dislike the sawblades)

#6 Anyone have seat belt hoops in gray? Both mine are broken. Also a coin door for the console. I have been scouring ebay.

Thanks so much for you help, i love this car for a DD, and then later i will probably get another and do a 2jz swap, or do it to this one, who knows.
1. I doubt you'll be able to make that sound system fit into the supra, but if you pull it off, more power to ya

2. Junkyard, Champion, Jay Marks Toyota (On the forums)

3. Most likely the resistor.

4. I would like to know too.

5. Can't help ya there, I love my sawblades! =)

6. Get some hoops from the junkyard, and just paint them gray. That's what I did! :D

·
Lag = Foreplay
474 Posts
post up in the wanted section for the hoops and the rims you will find some there for sure i need a passenger hoop in gray so if you come up with more than one set at a junk yard or something let me know as my local junk yards have no supras

·
It's only the beginning..
690 Posts
My local Junkyard's seem to get a new one in each week. Mostly nonturbo's though, Although I did see an 88 Turbo once, but the engine was gone the next day Lol... I could find you two sets of those hoops easy, my blue ones used to be gray. ;) Just can't afford cause I'm on THAT TIGHT of a budget.

·
92 TURBO
1,008 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mustangman05 said:
post up in the wanted section for the hoops and the rims you will find some there for sure i need a passenger hoop in gray so if you come up with more than one set at a junk yard or something let me know as my local junk yards have no supras
Doesn't look like i can do that being a noob...

I'm still scouring ebay and anything else, also looking for a non-turbo spoiler and some other stuff...

:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts