Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im reallll new to the supra scene I recently bought a 97 MKIV TT 6spd all stock and im already looking to mod it, iv read alittle and im prob gona prepare it until i do a single turbo conversion later. So the first few things im looking to buy are a boost controller, a 3'' or 4'' downpipe, and a catback exhaust. I have no idea what stuff is good, but first what boost controllers would you recommend?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
There are tons and tons of threads involving most of the questions asked. Even though thte search feature isnt working you should go through them as they really do have some awesome in depth information.

Alot of this is going to come down to personaly prefrence and future plans.

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
^ that is true, you will learn if you hunt thru and read ...not to mention an alternate "search" method does work, thru google or something, it's posted as a sticky I think.

You can also get an idea of the most popular proven choices by checking out sites of this forum's sponsors. Like go window shopping at MVP and you'll see a good selection of stuff, most find MVP customer service is excellent and reliable.

I happen to have the Blitz SBCiD for a few years now, I got it when I did the BPU mods, I like it a lot and it's still working very well on my single setup. I'd buy it again.

PS: if you don't already know (you didn't mention it) you must do the BCC or you you'll hit fuel cut above factory boost levels. BCC is like one of the first things to do.

To get rid of the cats, almost any downpipe is good, I have the old RMM. IMO 3" exhaust is plenty for all but the larger turbos.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I also used this site for some genral reading info:

http://mkiv.supras.org.nz/

Howver Supra forums is still the best and most reliable place to get information. I would just sit down for a few days/weeks and read through as many post as possible and double check info. The sponsor forums, local forums (to find a dependable local shop to maintenance), and all the sticky's is a great place to start.

·
Moderator, Live life to the fulllest
1,764 Posts
wow.......i remember when i posted a thread almost exactly like this when i got my car!!

just read up on www.mkiv.com and it will give you all the answers.

8,181 Posts
for ur first mods, DP, catback exhaust, BCC and a air filter. with stock clutch it would be close to 360whp. if you want up a notch. go clutch, flywheel combo, cam gears, damper pully and BC. you would be close to or 400+ hp.

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
If you are on a budget, shop the For Sale section. There are a ton of great deals to be had.

As far as boost controllers go, for now I would install a simple manual boost controller. They can be had for cheap, and they are often times more reliable than certain electronic boost controllers. Also, there aren't a tune of tuning features/etc. to worry about, so it's an easy place to start.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Some part of me says just put on some nice wheels, dp and an exhaust. There are fewer and fewer stockish cars left.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts