Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my first dawg!
1997 Limited Edtion,5spd, red,with black leather.targa top
only has 68K miles on it,1 owner,an old man who babied it,its in near perfect condition.It runs smooth as butter!
Now I am wanting to boost it,my budget as of is about $8-$10K
So I am trying to figure out the best kit,set up,etc.
thanks for anyones help.
Id do a 2JZGTE swap,but Powerhouse is the only shop who seems to be trustworthy for it,and they charge $15K
Plus why not take advantage of a healthy bone stock low miled NA
For power id like at least 400-450whp on pump gas if possible.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Just got my first dawg!
1997 Limited Edtion,5spd, red,with black leather.targa top
only has 68K miles on it,1 owner,an old man who babied it,its in near perfect condition.It runs smooth as butter!
Now I am wanting to boost it,my budget as of is about $8-$10K
So I am trying to figure out the best kit,set up,etc.
thanks for anyones help.
Id do a 2JZGTE swap,but Powerhouse is the only shop who seems to be trustworthy for it,and they charge $15K
Plus why not take advantage of a healthy bone stock low miled NA
For power id like at least 400-450whp on pump gas if possible.
With your budget I would reccomend the same set-up I have. The BoostLogic stage 2 kit w/ a DBB 67 turbo. AEM standalone for tuning and you will make that power if not more.

·
Actual Member Since 2003
3,204 Posts
With your budget I would reccomend the same set-up I have. The BoostLogic stage 2 kit w/ a DBB 67 turbo. AEM standalone for tuning and you will make that power if not more.
what he said....

·
Registered
693 Posts
Talk to Nero at Titan(Orlando) or Larry ,Chris at Sound Performance(Chicago) or Kevin at MVP Motorsports(Dallas/Ft. Worth) as they all do the swaps as well.

That is the route I'm going with the N/A....but honestly, and I know it seems boring. Get the car ready for the power first...then up the power(be it GTE swap/NA-T/etc.)

Meaning, TT brakes at the least (I'm going Brembo's all around) and suspension. Just my honest opinion and it can only help once you break into the 3-4-500 rwhp ranges Just my opinion, but yeah NA-T is FAR less expensive then GTE/V160 swap and the different kits are yielding great results with many,MANY people.

Christian

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks everyone!
I will get some pix posted up ASAP!
Man I love Supras! Cant wait til I have some boost! Oh Yeah!

·
no one likes the tuna
592 Posts
dont forget the weak trans in the car... you car can only handle about 400hp without totally beating on it

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
How comfortable are you when it come to working on cars? This will play a big factor in your budget. If you can install the parts yourself like engine, tranny, ect... go for the complete TT swap. It will be alot better in the longe run. I am NA-T myself and taking into consideration what I have done and still need to do, the TT route would have been a better choice. Only reason I went NA-T was because I didn't have the money for the TT swapa and was too impatient to save for it, lol.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Since your in LasVegas...Go see Dana over at VirtualWorks and get an estimate.
talked to Virtual Works, they are slammed!
And damn it I want more power now! lol
Anyone know of any other Vegas tuner shops for Supras?
I decided I am going with the Boost Logic Stage 2 with AEM EMS

·
Master Yos
2,215 Posts
wtf what happend to the limited edition emblems

clean ride

i have similar setup as the boost logic stage 2 with aem ems.... all i recomend is a good tranny

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
which LE badges are you referring too? It has the ones on the fenders. Are their suppose to be others as well?
The man who owned the car before I got it,is in his 40's to me thats old,lol.
Obviously hes not your typical 40+yr old man! lol
I am looking into a 6spd swap after I boost it!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
talked to Virtual Works, they are slammed!
And damn it I want more power now! lol
Anyone know of any other Vegas tuner shops for Supras?
I decided I am going with the Boost Logic Stage 2 with AEM EMS
First thing I would do with the extra cash is to buy some patience. You are going to need it =)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts