Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
SupraCop
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I just got a 94 TT. I think I found it at a good price. I paid $14.000 and its in great condition. What do you guys think. The car was driven by some old man and the inside was dirty but I detail cars. and am restoring it.

Anyway under the stering wheel there was a coin holder that he stuck on and I ripped it off but I cant get some of the glue off, does anyone have any advice.

Also I am replacing the carpet and front seats with spraco or momo(cheaper) what do you think
:D

·
Highway Demon
2,869 Posts
i was personaly thinking about the same thing.. either momo or sparco.. beeing that money dosn't flow like water for me i think i'm heading towards the momo... RS for the driver seat because why would i need to recline it.. and then RS2 for the passenger side because it looks exactly like the RS but can recline.. you know for access to the back seat on the passneger side.. but yeah try some goo gone on it.. it should get rid of the glue in maybe 1 or 2 swipes..

Brian

·
SupraCop
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey I tried everything googone, acetone, paint thinner, rubbing alcohol, nailpolish remover. I figured try or just order a new part so I am going to do that.

Hey I will be opening an account this spring with NOPI they carry basically everything when you need seats write and I will hook you up(that goes for anyone)

S

·
0 Posts
you might want to try carefully heating it up with a heat gun to soften the addhesive (sp?) that has worked for me in the past especially when dealing with double sided foam tape
Hope that helped
Tony

C

·
0 Posts
This may sound weird but use vegetable oil on a paper towel it works on removing the gummy adhesive

·
Registered
178 Posts
hold on hold on......

14k for a 94TT?!?!?!?

Auto or stick, Targa, miles?? Is that a crazy price or is it just my supra newbieness.......I'm tryin to get me a TT, 6spd targa.......if I could find one around that price it would be over!

How did you get that deal man? And congratulations....!

Ummm.....just a suggestion, but lube up a razor blade....chip it all off and smooth out and paint whatever you screwed up :D

·
Highway Demon
2,869 Posts
hey i got my 95 tt 6spd targa for 15 and only had 28k miles on it as well.. great deals on supras aren't impossible to find.. you just gotta be patient and check everyday.. i found mine on autotrader.com...the catch was that it had a lil front end damage but hell it was fixable and well worth it.

Brian

·
SupraCop
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: hold on hold on......

Francis K said:
14k for a 94TT?!?!?!?

Auto or stick, Targa, miles?? Is that a crazy price or is it just my supra newbieness.......I'm tryin to get me a TT, 6spd targa.......if I could find one around that price it would be over!

How did you get that deal man? And congratulations....!

Ummm.....just a suggestion, but lube up a razor blade....chip it all off and smooth out and paint whatever you screwed up :D
Hey it is not the best deal around but I new it was good and took it.
Its a 94 red TT 6spd Targa with 1 month old tires(315each) and 1 month old clutch and flywheel.
It was sold to me by a rich guy would still had the window sticker from the car. (50g's) He was slow on removing the clutch (but didnt ride it) He had six cars (crap) and sold it to me for under cost
I saw it in the paper (check everyday) and it happen to be the day he put it in and bought it that night (he got 25 calls the next day)
oh 75,000 orig miles the car is a beuty.
thanks
I cant believe I didnt think to heat it up. I am going to try right now I just order the part for 60.00 from JMToyota hopefully I can send it back.
thanks alot

·
Registered
178 Posts
damn fellas......

shit, I wanted a CLK (used to be GS400)and it was a bitch finding one for under 30k and it's no where near th level of a Supra's prowess.....supra here i come!

So any tips on finding a good deal guys....thanks again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts