Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Ok, ok, maybe 500rwhp!!!
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's something Mohd showed me, I saved the pic and u/l'd it to my site: The New 2nd Generation Tanabe Exhausts! I'm thinking of saving up the pennies for the Racing Medalion.

·
Registered
147 Posts
the new series are called the "Super" series...basically the old racing medallion with the word super in front of it. the Super means that the exhaust is now FULL stainless steel. tanabe only has two exhaust systems in the line up now, the Super Racing and the Super Hyper. i believe that they are still sellin the older non stainless steel version still. Also the best thing is that the Super series is only an increase of only $30-40. i just got a Super Hyper in today for a local supra owner...i'll try to post some pics.

wezz

·
Registered
10,090 Posts
The New Super Hyper Medallion is out now too. Its the replacement for the G-Power. So anyone wanting the quietest exhaust available will need to highly consider this new Hyper.

Dusty

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
V8 Killer said:
We have them in stock here for $629.
Thanks,

Dusty
Is the finish on the cannister any different?... looks a bit cleaner than my current racing medallion, but I dunno I like mine just fine.. although fully stainless looks rather appealing.

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Whats the power difference from the new hyper medallion Vs. the super RM? I'm currently running the 1st Gen RM. Considering going to the new hyper medallion.

·
Registered
10,090 Posts
The Super RM is the loudest exhaust you can buy & the Super HM is the quietest exhaust you can buy. Both are 100% stainless steel from one end to the other.

Dusty

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
How much louder?

How much louder is the Super Racing Medallion Vs. the old style racing medallion? Is the Super RM louder than the HKS Ti'?

·
Registered
10,090 Posts
The Super isn't any louder than the old one. The only difference is that the Super is made out of 100% stainless steel.
The HKS Ti is slightly louder than the RM, but their tones are so different its a hard comparison.

Dusty

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
What's the Woofer muffler noise that occurs with the Super RM. I read it on Tanabe's website:

Woofer muffler noise was realized
Super thin stainless steel can make dry woofer muffler noise. Inner silencer was set and, the noise volume 103dBA is past the preservation standard(96dBA for1998 the noise regulation measures)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts