Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from Mason Dixon Dragway. Went on my first pass out the gate [email protected] 139.87 mph. Had the anti lag set at 15 lbs at 5800 and did a 1.6 with my brand new set of Hoosier Slicks 28x10 x 16 " Tall. The car was bouncing all over the place in 2nd gear and I must of seen 8000 in 2nd and shifted but lost all my boost in 3rd and power shifted 4th gear to the pass. I thought 9's were in the bank but after that 15 lbs at 5800 just kept bogging as the track got hotter and hotter and I could not get the tranny in 3rd real good. So messed around and set up the Anti Lag for 20 lbs at 6000 and did a 1.48 60 foot but missed 2nd and then my fuel cut cut in 3rd and 4th gear really bad. Not bad considering I have a stock driveshaft and rear and its my first time on 28's and I have not raced the car in about a year ( last year late but had all sorts of clutch issues). I think the car is def capable of 9's and if I would of kept in 2nd gear I am sure it would of went a very low 10 and with enough practice should be able to bust one out this year. All and All a good day and I did not break anything and drove home 30 minutes away. Not I need to fix this Aem Boost Solenoid / wastegate issue and get my boost set back to 33 lbs. Thanks for all that helped.

Staats

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
So, did those slicks ever spin on you when you bumped the rev up to 6K? I am about to put those same exact slicks on my CCW's and am just curious what to expect...I will be putting them on this week as I have had them sitting downstairs before TX just waiting until I had everything ready.

What tire pressure did you try on them...did you try starting high and then dropping the pressure?

What boost pressure was that pass done on and what was the timing on the top end?

Congrats on the run first time out...must be exciting!

Take Care

·
Stock Twin 6 spd King
1,731 Posts
Staats - check your PM box. I sent you the link to the video compilation of your runs. Russ's will be sent over later tonight.

Your car has tons of potential. I couldn't believe how hard it launched on the 1.48 60 ft. I'm willing to bet Russ was wondering what the hell you changed. I'm sure you'll get the 9 second pass this season.

Later,
Matt

·
Boost Junkie
12,641 Posts
Staats,

What kind of air pressure were you running in the slicks? Do you feel like it fell on its face because of the taller tires and the increased run out? Sounds like you'll definately be in the 9s soon.

Steve

·
Registered
721 Posts
Nice 60 ft. What clutch are you using? and what tire pressure?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Steve,

I was running 13 lbs warm in them for the 1.48. The tires felt really good and the track is a local ******* track and usually ppl spin but my car and my friend 800 whp Cobra both had trouble hooking ( he could not change his two step but thanks to AEM i could adjust it. The best I pulled before on 16 " ET Streets was 1.7 but its not a fair comp. because I was free revving and also had a diff clutch. I am running the RPS Carbon/Carbon with Chromoly Flywheel.

Staats

·
Boost Junkie
12,641 Posts
Thanks,

Do you think there would be any advantage of using 28 inch tall slicks with a 6-speed car making 720-730whp? Just wondering. I haven't ordered my CCWs, but I want to make sure I get the right tire.

Steve

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think the 28 " slicks are great. I think as long as you have the clutch that can take the abuse you will be fine. Just take a look at all the high powered Supra's like Darin, Ryan Woon, Boostlogic. I just feel that Supra's usually suck in 60 ft and thats the most important part of the race and the 330'. These things hook up and my friend with his Cobra turned me on to them and he has done 1.5's with a two step at 8 psi and his friend Kenny T last year did high 1.3's in his supercharged cobra with independent rear. I have a really soft suspension and they did not rub but I did have to trim the fenders and also the front and rear plastic pieces. Also it looks mean at hell! Good luck

Staats

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
Awesome 60' and runs - especially considering the circumstances. Any pics of your car with the 28s on it? How do you like the C/C at the track compared to your old HPF clutch setup?

Congrats.

Andrew

·
No Ego or Arrogance!!!!!!
744 Posts
Nice,almost there ,what boost level did you run that pass to trap 139mph. now come to Alex track rental on the 23rd of may at MIR to get your 9 second pass.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Congrats to you. Are you planning on making another visit
this coming Sunday? I will be there and would like to see
you run. I get nostalgic watching a Baltic Blue run down
the track. :)
Wayne

1 - 16 of 16 Posts