Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went back to the track sunday, cause I had made my new home made "max air box w/ autozone filter" and i had drag radials for the first time. Thw first run was 12.25 @ 119.6 and the second was 12.27 @118.9. My previous best track time with the stock intake and street tires was 12.639 @ 116.95. I cant belive the intake helped me that much on the trap speed. My 60 ft times were consistently 2.1 on nitto drags, I know I need to work on the launch but I dont know what I am doing wrong. I think I just need a higher stall.
later,
yoshie

K

·
0 Posts
Glad to here that homedepot thing helped.... if you could get a good 60ft you could get into the 11s easy .... a 2.1 60 sounds like a street tire 60 .... im not bustin your balls just wondering why the bad 60ft.... are you leaving at idle.... thanx Kevin...good trap speed ... what kinda dyno numbers with your car.....

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kevin,
Yes, I know my launch sucks ass. What should I be getting as a 60ft time on nitto drags? I was surprised by the mph myself, also. I haven't been to the dyno at bpu, but I am guessing 390rwhp.
yoshie

K

·
0 Posts
Hey im guessing that your rwhp is higher than that with your trap speed or your spinning really bad.... i have a 6spd so i wouldnt be to good with autos... i know that your 60 on nittos or bfg drag radials should be in the 1.9s... for every amount of 60 you cut off will double in the end of the 1320 off of your et... meaning cut 3 tenth off 60 equals 6tenths off 1/4... at least that was the way it was with my old 12.20 mustang (dont laugh i know)ran that at 109 with 1.73 60s.... old school racing.haha... no power...post a add asking best to launch autos. or look in the search menu.... you pull a 1.9 youll run high 11s.... Kevin...

·
Registered
532 Posts
nice numbers yosh, couple of things about the run. did u pull the trac fuse, reset ecu, put race gas in, good burnout, take out the headlite, get rid of excess weight ex: sparetire, cindy, any other crap.....oh yeah i think if it were a lil colder, youd definitely be in the 11's :D later
kevin
ps alpinesilver got a 12.2 @113, how the hell he do that??? u got a 12.25 at 119.....

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
aznsupra said:
nice numbers yosh, couple of things about the run. did u pull the trac fuse, reset ecu, put race gas in, good burnout, take out the headlite, get rid of excess weight ex: sparetire, cindy, any other crap.....oh yeah i think if it were a lil colder, youd definitely be in the 11's :D later
kevin
ps alpinesilver got a 12.2 @113, how the hell he do that??? u got a 12.25 at 119.....
haha excess weight.;) . I did everything u listed, I just feel that the car didn't have enough to get up and go on the launch. The tires hooked up fine and I had no wheel spin. To launch, I powerbraked to 2200 rpm while holding the handbrake and realed both brakes, stomped the gas and took off w/ no wheel spin. Dude, it sucked at the track on sunday, I was there 5hrs and only got to make TWO PASSES.:mad: . The car definately seems to have 11 sec potential if I launch right.
yoshie

S

·
0 Posts
aznsupra said:
kevin
Who are you calling crap? Alpinesilver probably got a 12.2 @ 113 because if you remember he "shocks his transmission.":D

·
Registered
922 Posts
Yoshie, nice runs. I am the guy who talked to you in the staging lane with the MkIII. Yeah the track sucked because all those cars kept breaking. My friend got a couple of shots of your car. I'll see if I can get them to you. Just as a comparison I had another friend out there with a '99 Vortech s/c'ed Mustang GT. He ran his best time of [email protected] with a 1.83 60 ft time on Nitto dr's. You should definately be able to get into the 11's with a better launch.

·
Registered
532 Posts
SupraGirl said:

Who are you calling crap? Alpinesilver probably got a 12.2 @ 113 because if you remember he "shocks his transmission.":D

lol.....:D
what did he say to do?? put in 2 then drop back to L or something, well hes gettin a 6spd so....................
"NO MORE SHOCKING FOR HIM!!!!"
late

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
XScurry said:
Yoshie, nice runs. I am the guy who talked to you in the staging lane with the MkIII. Yeah the track sucked because all those cars kept breaking. My friend got a couple of shots of your car. I'll see if I can get them to you. Just as a comparison I had another friend out there with a '99 Vortech s/c'ed Mustang GT. He ran his best time of [email protected] with a 1.83 60 ft time on Nitto dr's. You should definately be able to get into the 11's with a better launch.
It was cool meeting u at the track, was the silver s/c mustang your friends? I know I need to work on my launch but shit I only got 2 runs in, thanks to the POS "Supergas" cars which kept breaking on the track. See u around dude.
yoshie

·
Moderator, Boost Addict
2,597 Posts
Any information as to how to make your home-made Max Air Box? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Adam

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Adam,
Your kidding, right? Dude, I would never tell u how to make a ghetto ass cold air box, your car looks TOO clean to have something like that in the engine bay. Your car should have nothing but show quality shit under the hood, sorry dude I just cant let u do it. But I will measure the dimensions and make a diagram and e-mail it to u. Maybe u could have it custom fabricated to look trick.
later,
yoshie

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yeah, I interested in how you did this as well. I had planned to use a K&N drop in, remove the airbox lid and then fill the areas around it with thermal insulation to prevent hot engine air from raising the intake temps

·
Moderator, Boost Addict
2,597 Posts
Yoshie,
Thanks for looking out. I'll make it look right, just need an idea of how to copy the max air box. Thanks much for any assistance.

Adam

·
Registered
200 Posts
RedBPU,

Nice numbers, I'm going to ´do a airbox as you did myselt, would really appreciate to have a pic of yours or at least a drawing with the size.

Thx

:cool: :cool:

·
Registered
532 Posts
basicaly its alot of foil, ummm some cardboard with some kinda installation like rubber foam or something, and thats about it...:D
i kno b/c i saw it last nite...its a very simple do it yourself kinda box that he made...trust me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts