Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I just moved out here from the east coast and need to find a place to live asap. I am working in Redondo beach. I could really use a few pointers on good areas to look in and where to stay out of. I would like to stay close to work, so I can keep my commute short...and being by the beach is really nice. Appreciate any pointers and help.

thanks

·
Registered
657 Posts
How much can you afford per month?

I know of places for $1,000 and I know of places for $5,000. Budget.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alex - Yeah man, came up pretty quick actually. I wasnt sure if i was going to come here for sure and got an unexpected call. How are things in Baltimore?

MKV - there is a good chance a good friend of mine will be coming out for the same job, hopefully he does and we can split a house or larger apartment. For myself I'd like to keep it under 1800/mo. I dont need anything fancy, but I would like a clean apartment in a good area.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Craigs List!!!! check the Housing Section plenty of Temp, Long Term, etc. etc.
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/

i would definitely stay by the Beach...most of the Beach communities are far nicer and Redondo ain't a bad place to live...a bit more expensive but plus gas/time...it should be worth it if works close

stay away from LA until you get re-adjusted to LA is my recommendation...adjusting to life in CA takes time :)

good luck!

·
Registered
20 Posts
gl in la ! la ftw!! i love that city, so many girls...little saigon !
cute butt girls ftw!

have good time in la bro, good place ftw

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey thanks for the replies guys, I think I may have found something decent...at least temporarily. I have been on craigslist everyday, just got the recycler and daily breeze as well.

I also need to find a car while I am here. If anyone knows of a clean, fun car that someone is selling please let me know. Appreciate it.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well seeing as it is going to be "temporary" car for me that i will be selling off when I leave, I would like to keep it as cheap as possible. I have been looking for fox body mustangs. I think it is probably my best option to get a reasonably priced daily and still have some fun. Max budget for a fox body would probably be around 9k...but it would have to be pretty darn clean and low mile for me to pay that amount. If anyone knows of any or anyone selling please forward along the info.

Thanks

·
Banned
1,455 Posts
supra mk3 ftw ... kills every mustang ... turbo and a toyota ;) - and supercheap too!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Torrance is near and have some good parts. Keep checking Craigslist and just drive around and look for signs.

Redondo Beach isn't bad either.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts