Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
8,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I need a new daily driver and my civic is just not cutting it.........soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow :mad: Anyways I found a nice MKIII at a local dealer tell me what you guys think

blueish gray color?
140k miles
targa
turbo
5speed
AC and all that happy horseshit still works
interior is in good condition
body is in good condition no rust

The dealer has it listed for 1900 but its been that way for almost 2 months so I'm thinking of trying to haggle him down a bit........what do you guys think?

· Premium Member
8,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I'm saying man......its gonna be daily driven and driven in the snow........not that it matters too much because I have access to any tool I'd ever need......but is this car gonna be a pain in my ass?

· Premium Member
8,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Johnny Dangerously said:
i wish i lived back in chi town..could give u a helping hand dude.

umm the electrical problems are usually minimal like stupid shit. i.e. knock sensor, cps, etc.

always get a gasket set man..just change em, be safe.
most people are so fuckin trigger happy they just go out and start driving without being precautious then come to supraforums to whine about how they just got a bhg/rod knock and dont know why.
Oh believe me, as soon as it breaks down I will be back here whining like a 3rd grader :D

I'm going to do a leakdown and compression test of it, but besides that I don't know what else to really test for in the engine.....

· Premium Member
8,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
IdealSupra said:
ok umm did anyone else not catch this? lol.... let me tell you yeah i know its not mkiv TT but a turbo supra in the snow? only asking for problems.......they suck in the snow....ask me how i know lol...one time...and never again!

get some nice awd car for the snow maybe an older wrx? or whatnot.....

my 2 psi
I would but I'm buying a new snow mobile. So I needed to find a cheaper car than a WRX :)

Thanks for your input guys, I really appreciate it.

· Premium Member
8,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
jbsupra89t said:
oh wow in that case go to your money tree and invent a wisconsin size heater to melt the snow.

:p

-J
I think the money tree has been shook dry :(

Thanks you guys are giving a lot of good points on the car. I think I'm gonna offer the dealer 1400 cash.....see if he'll take it

· Premium Member
8,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
bdekoning said:
xsentrix: are you the kid that was running at GLD in like this spring and had mad traction issues and was stuck in the 14s?
Nope

I haven't driven my supra since about late September......most of the summer its been up and down getting modifications done to it, so no that wasn't me :) Why do you ask? I'm sure I'm not the ONLY red MKIV TT owner in the area ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.