Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New to SF from PA living in Yokosuka Japan

Hey what's up every body.

I'm new here. I don't own a Supra yet, but it's only a matter of time. I just bought a 2JZ and 6speed tranny. I'm hoping to learn some things, like whats the best way to care for an engine in storage, as it maybe a while till i find the right shell. And does anyone have any thoughts on things I should do while its out. Stuff like clean the injectors, paint the block, tap oil cooling lines ect. any input s would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

· Registered
71 Posts
If you have the money, strip it down, and rebuild it, at least with OEM parts, or at least do the timing belt/water pump etc. Thats just me though, when I had a motor on a stand for a while, I flipped it upside down and put oil in each cyl to sit under the piston, and with the oil pan on, I flipped it right side up every week or so and then back upside down the next week, to keep everything all nicely lubricated. Turn it over by hand every now and then too.

· Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do have the money but lack the experience to rebuild it. I would rather upgrade if I was going to take the time and spend the money. It worked fine and made good power before I bought it so I think it would make more sense to spend the cash else where. A 3.4l stroker would be nice though. A new water pump, timing belt and gaskets are part of the plan. Flipping it is a good idea, but my job keeps me away for months at a time. Thanks for the ideas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.