Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I picked up a 1987 Supra burgundy with gray interior with 75k on it last fall at a price I couldn't pass on. Also has a few mods. Honestly I'm a Euro guy VW/BMW but this MKIII Supra is the project I've been looking for I just didn't know it! Anyhow the car is SUPER CLEAN originally it's from California and no accidents. From what I know of it or the owner told me, the motor is a JDM 7mgte(zero emissions/smog control) 30k on this motor with a new HG and studs, HKS FMIC, HKS 3" turbo back no cat, duel electronic fans on a thermostat and a 6 puck clutch(which has CRAZY chatter) they may be more mods I forget exactly and the car is in storage. Which seems like a good foundation for what my plan is..... The only bad is the turbo, which leaks and burns oil. Now I'm sure what I'm asking has been asked time and time again..... I only ask because I have a baby on the way in May and my time is limited enough now and as electrician I'm always out in the field and only used my computer for work and the company watches it the a hawk......

So I'm looking just to polish it up and get the bugs out and drive it on the weekends. So I picked up a stock Toyota ct 26 turbo that has been modded and opened up(sorry I forgot the specs either 57-1 or 60-1) also came with the Lexus MAF. Supposedly the turbo only has 20k and there is no real shaft play so I'm gonna put it on. Also gonna swap the 6puck clutch for something more streetable. Most likely coil over as well to get rid of that electronic damping and that 4x4 rally look. As far as the turbo goes what other supporting mods would I need? Would I need bigger fuel injectors and a tune of some kind? I honestly don't know where to start looking.... Again with the baby on the way my time is limited, so searching has been difficult for me with the time I have and I really just want to drive it the way it is. Maybe down the road, way down the road I would do a motor swap just based on how clean this Supra is... With spring right around the corner I'm itching to get it out of storage and start working on it. I'm just looking to be pointed in the right direction and this forum looks it full of info!!! Please not looking to get flamed here just looking for some insight from one motorhead to another!!! And yes as soon as I get her out of storage I will post up pics!

Cheers and thanks for any help

Wesley

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.