Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to supras but got a question, shouldn't it be better to buy a N/A and just add a turbo onto it? Rather than converting a twin to a single turbo ? Thanks for the reply ahead of time.

·
i always say toyota !
2,761 Posts
people say the 2jzge egnine (MK4 supra non turbo), that engine only can handle around 450HP or 500HP. but the 2jzgte egnine, the supra twin turbo engine can handle alot more HP. some people make 1000HP from the stock short block. so, a supra non-turbo is just like a 350Z. if you plan to get a supra non-turbo, i i would say just buy a 350Z, at least its a new car. and there are some new things.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Intresting

Well now how much are we talking if we convert a twin to a single, cause obviouslly from the results I see, a single turbo produces amazing numbers.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A LOCAL SUPRA OWNER IS RUNNING 11,S IN HIS
BPU SUPRA...........DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA
HOW MUCH MONEY YOU HAVE TO SPEND ON AN NA TO
GET ANYWHERE NEAR THAT

MOST PEOPLE THAT BUY NA,S DONT MODIFY THEM
ITS NOT WORTH IT

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
If you plan on building a beast at like 600-700 hp then definately get a TT. If you just want about 400 hp then it would probably be cheaper to buy an NA and get a nice turbo kit on it. If you can do the installation yourself you will save even more. I am not sure exactly just my guess.

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
YaosAuto said:
people say the 2jzge egnine (MK4 supra non turbo), that engine only can handle around 450HP or 500HP. but the 2jzgte egnine, the supra twin turbo engine can handle alot more HP. some people make 1000HP from the stock short block. so, a supra non-turbo is just like a 350Z. if you plan to get a supra non-turbo, i i would say just buy a 350Z, at least its a new car. and there are some new things.
i dont know where this info came from but its wrong....with a bigger headgasket to up the compression the internals of the Na and TT arebasically just as strong as each other.... i think the pistons in the NAs are a bit weaker but still can handle amazing power.

as for this age old question just use the search button...theres been like 5 threads about it in the past week alone.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well TT it is

Well TT it is, now I have to wait in order to find a place that offers guarnteed loans, dad doesn't have that good of credit so its kinda hard. Ill keep dreaming till i find a place.

·
5,467 Posts
Re: well TT it is

sundeep said:
Well TT it is, now I have to wait in order to find a place that offers guarnteed loans, dad doesn't have that good of credit so its kinda hard. Ill keep dreaming till i find a place.
how old are you? heres an idea....get ajob and work for one.....god is that a lost concept nowadays? :rolleyes:

·
Banned
770 Posts
Re: Re: well TT it is

IdealSupra said:
how old are you? heres an idea....get ajob and work for one.....god is that a lost concept nowadays? :rolleyes:
hahaha

That's what I did. I've always wanted a mkiv tt, but I could never afford one until now. I've been waiting 4 years for one and now there's one sitting in my garage. :D

·
5,467 Posts
mk3turbosupra said:
Took me seven years of driving my MKIII, then one slot machine pull and I got an MKIV.. hehe
are you serious? damn how cool would that be.......

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What is wrong damn

Damn, typical reply from a forum, who said I was getting the money from my damn father, I have worked for one, borrowing 7-8k isn't bad, Its not like I have money setup, so the typical thought my daddy is gonna buy this for me is out of the question.

·
Just Cruisin' Thru
663 Posts
Re: What is wrong damn

sundeep said:
Damn, typical reply from a forum, who said I was getting the money from my damn father, I have worked for one, borrowing 7-8k isn't bad, Its not like I have money setup, so the typical thought my daddy is gonna buy this for me is out of the question.
Sundeep, welcome to the forum :) . Don't take offense about the reply. People in your circumstances come on here on a regular basis and ask the same kind of questions, over and over again. People on here already get kind of tired of it.

Actually YOU got off easy.

Just as a suggestion to help you out in the future, try searching and reading before you post. The question you asked has been answered several times.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.