Supra Forums banner

New to the forums: My supra's history :)

2K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  grankor 
Hipnotic_Tranz said:

Somethin' I have noticed is that the rear is extremely easy to loose on this car. There ain't any weight back there....
Thanks for the compliments. :)

I've never really been into 'imports'... I've just always been into reliable transportation that's fast and Toyota has provided that in spades... so I own three Toyotas. :) That's how I look at it anyway.

As far as the ass-end sliding out... I can relate. The MkII is really tail-happy. Be careful in the rain, and practice on deserted streets if you can so that you're used to what happens and can react in an emergency.

You'll want to be prepared for the rear kicking out whenever you introduce power to the rear wheels... that means it can happen going around corners as well as straight.

I've learned that lesson the hard way ... spun the MkII at 25 mph a few times just by accelerating at the wrong time in turns.

Glad to see the MkII is alive and strong. Welcome to the community!

Canadian MK2 Owner said:
Nice car man, hope we can figure out this stuff together!
As I keep saying, you'll find all of the expertise that you want on the MkII list -- there are several hundred members that are all MkII fanatics.

Go there if you need help figuring stuff out. Supraforums isn't really a very good MkII site.

http://group.yahoo.com/group/mk2

Best of luck! Hope that helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.