Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a naturally aspirated 1992 supra. i was thinking of throwing a turbo on it but would it be easier just to throw a 7mgte in it?

and also could someone teach me how to use a forum i am kinda new to all of this computer shit.

if there is anyone out there that has thrown a turbo on a naturally aspirated motor tell me what kind of problems you encountered and tips on how to do it right

also i was thinking upgrading the braking and suspension if anyone has done this tell me how to do it the best

·
Registered
1,247 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
welcome to the forums klemo. as for the engine, my advise would be to rebuild a GTE engine on the side while you're running N/A. this way, when you swap in the GTE, you know everything is fresh and you don't have to deal with the headache of a used engine which you don't know how the previous owner treated. you can also sometimes find a rebuilt engine in the for sale section. just sometimes, ehehe!! but yeah, welcome to the forums. i don't know if you're aware but there's also another website called supramania.com, deals primarily with MK3 supras. :)

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i wanted to thank you guys for replying and giving me a little better idea of putting together this work of art.

i also have another question if i rebuild a 7mgte should i pu the r154 transmission in it too or should i keep the w58 in it. and would any of that effect the rear end.

·
512RWHP... 503RWTQ... 7M
3,292 Posts
If you do the 7mgte swap you can use the w58, but if you go into big power, you will want to put an r154 in it... Also, you will definately want to put an LSD in the rear end... Unless your NA has the sport package...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just finised my turbo swap.

I bought a used 7MGTE rather then putting a turbo on the 7MGE. I figured it would be way easier then having to route oil lines and such myself.

It truley wasn't that hard, but, it took me a year to do.

Lemme know if I can help.

Also take a look at http://www.speedtoys.com/~stryder/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts