Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Original Article

According to Automobile, the Toyota FT-HS is going to be released in 2009. The hybrid sports car has been given the green light.

The two-seater FT-HS will mate Toyota's Hybrid Synergy Drive with a yet to be determined gasoline engine. The concept version of the car featured the automaker's 3.5L V6 engine.

The car is rumored to have somewhere around 400 horsepower and pricing has not been released.

Will it effectively fill the void that was left by the old Supra? It's about time that Toyota starts to add sports cars to their lineup again.

More Pictures and Full Story here

Another Story with more pics

·
MKIV owner since 1996
2,869 Posts
cool. at least its something. I wait for the day when Nero starts pimping high performance batteries.

:)

Original Article

According to Automobile, the Toyota FT-HS is going to be released in 2009. The hybrid sports car has been given the green light.

The two-seater FT-HS will mate Toyota's Hybrid Synergy Drive with a yet to be determined gasoline engine. The concept version of the car featured the automaker's 3.5L V6 engine.

The car is rumored to have somewhere around 400 horsepower and pricing has not been released.

Will it effectively fill the void that was left by the old Supra? It's about time that Toyota starts to add sports cars to their lineup again.

More Pictures and Full Story here

Another Story with more pics

·
Registered
495 Posts
Cool technology but it can not be compared to any other car since it will be a hybrid. Seeing Toyota get 400hp out of a hybrid would be a great achievment though. Moding this would probably be out of the question for some time if ever.

·
MVP performance
895 Posts
One of those are mine if they ever goes to production.

·
Factory RSP Hardtopper
1,961 Posts
cool. at least its something. I wait for the day when Nero starts pimping high performance batteries.

:)
Why do you think they sold the celica. he had to get one early and try out some li-po's on it.:1poke: :wavey:

·
Always on call
1,928 Posts
Cool technology but it can not be compared to any other car since it will be a hybrid. Seeing Toyota get 400hp out of a hybrid would be a great achievment though. Moding this would probably be out of the question for some time if ever.
If the styling improves, just drop a 2JZ into it lol.

·
Hardtopper
13,044 Posts
not a fan. still looks like a prototype

·
<.>
343 Posts
no turbo(s)...boooooooooooooooooo! Defeats the purpose of the word "SUPRA"
It's not a Supra. It has no official production name yet. It's comparing apples to oranges; this is a high-performance hybrid vehicle set to be in the price range of the Supra. That is its only relationship.

·
Its Me...Its Me
631 Posts
i hope they have some secret 4jz quad turbo supra they're workin on over there and all this hybrid talk is just a way to throw people off!!!

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
honestly, if it does come out, i doubt it will look nearly that extreme, concept cars always look cool and then theyre gay when they come out. but it does look pretty cool, hope they come out with a regular gas version along with the hybrid... but hey, im sure someone will do a conversion to all gas and then you get about a 500lb weight reduction from the battery and all.

·
Always on call
1,928 Posts
^^^ Agreed, the concept design is always a bit more "in your face" to garner attention with the final version looking different with 16 inch rims etc. In the case, smoothing out the creases in the front would be quite welcome.

·
Exclusive 1000+ Post Club
3,488 Posts
I'm not sure if this car if fugly or not. Sure would look cool in black though.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts